Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hands down the best wave! Details and vid inside

Alty

Here is a link to my friends 21 foot vlx. If there are any doubters about malibu you can see the best wave I have ever seen on a boat. Plug and play option added on the boat.

Setup front middle and both rear all filled. Rear includes 2 750 bags on top of the hard tanks.

Wedge one notch above the green. Speed between 9.6 and 9.8

As well u can see me switching sides with the surfgate. When I'm not carving up the wave you can see how insanely long and clean it is.

• Like 2

Here is a link to my friends 21 foot vlx. If there are any doubters about malibu you can see the best wave I have ever seen on a boat. Plug and play option added on the boat.

Setup front middle and both rear all filled. Rear includes 2 750 bags on top of the hard tanks.

Wedge one notch above the green. Speed between 9.6 and 9.8

As well u can see me switching sides with the surfgate. When I'm not carving up the wave you can see how insanely long and clean it is.

1 notch above green? What percentage? I forget what the screen looks like. Is it close to being stowed away or close to being all the way down. I have not experimented going that slow. I would think with that much weight in the rear, the wave would be a little soft.

1 notch above green? What percentage? I forget what the screen looks like. Is it close to being stowed away or close to being all the way down. I have not experimented going that slow. I would think with that much weight in the rear, the wave would be a little soft.

Oh yea, what kind of board?

The board is the inland surfer flyboy, I will check the percentage on the wave and give out an exact number tomorrow night. And to ruffdog I will add more vids tonight

I hope I didn't offend anyone with the word best, but my friend told me there were some malibu doubters in the forum and not sure what boat is putting out a significantly better, cleaner or longer wave then That

The board is the inland surfer flyboy, I will check the percentage on the wave and give out an exact number tomorrow night. And to ruffdog I will add more vids tonight

I want to try the same exact set-up with my 550 sacs. I will get out tomorrow if I can.

I hope I didn't offend anyone with the word best, but my friend told me there were some malibu doubters in the forum and not sure what boat is putting out a significantly better, cleaner or longer wave then That

Had my doubts after reading your specs. Around here, 2x 750's is a good amount of weight but wouldn't be considered a LOT by any means. However after seeing the video it looks like you have a very nice wave there! The camera angle and likely fish eye lense are helping it out some but most importantly to me it looks pretty firm. Nice wave keep shredding it!

Also lets avoid the term "BEST" and FTR I don't think anyone on here doesn't believe a Malibu can produce a nice surf wave, just different tactics to get there.

If you care to see some of the other applicable waves, here's 2:

Surfgate

Non-Surfgate

Edited by TrickyNicky

that is correct the wedge is at 125 percent, u may not be able to store that setting into the computer so u will need to move it one notch on teh fly, just do it before the boat is at full speed as some people have had wedge problems by moving the wedge around at full speed. as well once it is locked in at 125 it will stay there for your entire session.

Sweet... Just 750's, mls, and wedge? Great looking wave... I will have to try this next week, I have been riding at 11mph. We also leave wedge all way down, will also try your setting... thanks for sharing! And nice riding.

Another surfgate believer! :-)

I agree! Nice Job! I wonder how close I could get to that wave with my my 550 sacs. I love Surfgate!

The Flyboy looks to be one awesome board. I know it's an investment $$$.

I agree! Nice Job! I wonder how close I could get to that wave with my my 550 sacs. I love Surfgate!

The Flyboy looks to be one awesome board. I know it's an investment $$$.

the flyboy is the best board hands down, it is a cross between a surfstyle and skim but closer to a surfstyle, so u may not think its amazing if your style is skim, but since im not a skim rider i may be wrong and you may also love it. i took a competetive wakesurfer out on the board and they went bananas after trying it. now everytime they see me on the lake they beg to borrow my board. its the price is actually reasonable in the USA but in canada they are charging a fortune, you are better off getting it in the usa and bringing it over. that being said you pay for quality as teh board is 5 pounds and has a carbon rail to protect it from dings

if you havent tried one you have no idea what you are missing, i cant even use other boards anymore as boards that i used to love now feel like giant planks compared to this speed demon

the flyboy is the best board hands down, it is a cross between a surfstyle and skim but closer to a surfstyle, so u may not think its amazing if your style is skim, but since im not a skim rider i may be wrong and you may also love it. i took a competetive wakesurfer out on the board and they went bananas after trying it. now everytime they see me on the lake they beg to borrow my board. its the price is actually reasonable in the USA but in canada they are charging a fortune, you are better off getting it in the usa and bringing it over. that being said you pay for quality as teh board is 5 pounds and has a carbon rail to protect it from dings

if you havent tried one you have no idea what you are missing, i cant even use other boards anymore as boards that i used to love now feel like giant planks compared to this speed demon

I'd like to suggest you tone it down some, your not the only one on this forum that has an opinion. PS you need an acme 2315 if you don't already have one!