Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hands down the best wave! Details and vid inside

Alty

I love this forum because it is usually free of the BS and hurt feelings unlike Wakeworld, and the Axis forum is even better (my guess is due to size of membership, wakeworld is huge and the Axis forum is very small, so less BS there).

The dude is stoked on his buddies wave. Here is the part of his exact quote that seemed to piss you guys off "...you can see the best wave I have ever seen on a boat. Plug and play option added on the boat."

"I have ever seen..."

What is wrong with that? It's obviously his opinion from his experience. It would have been improper to write, "in my opinion" in front of that because he already qualified it.

We have a lot of hours and work into making our waves/wakes the best they can be and are proud of what we have done, no need to get your panties in a bunch because a first time poster comes on with his opinion. Then you attack him and start trying to "educate" him on proper etiquette on how to post his opinions to meet your approval.... like writing IMO before he makes a statement BASED ON HIS OPINION!!!!

OK. So 9.4- 9.6 seems a bit slow compared to most malibu/axis boats for surfing. Wondering if your speedo was calibrated. We used a brand new 0 hour 22mxz at our local club competition and the speedo was off by 3.1 mph. My boat was off by 2.2 mph, was the first thing I did while I put my 10 hours on the motor.

• Like 3

:Doh: I don't think he realizes that the photos and the video posted are from two differnt boats , two differnt guys. Like I said, the air is real thin up there.

I am glad you have a great wave you are super happy with. :thumbup:

The best EVER???? MEHHHH. It looks nice.

Even wierder is the fact that you are the only on that can replicate that wave with your magic bags and mystical wedge settings. But props to you and your fairy dust.

If you really wanna get down.....we can. Seems like you really have something to prove here?

There is a better site for guys like you. Try thishttp://www.wakeworld.com/default.php

I'm with alty them other waves suck. One thing I've learned over the years is that nobody has an ugly kid, wife, girlfriend, truck, and, and, etc.... Meaning different people have different opinions of different things. Especially on Al Gores Internet invention we all enjoy so much.

I'm gonna go shred my face off for the next week, I suggest you all do the same on whatever water bump you ride.

Edited by Bobby Light

:Doh: I don't think he realizes that the photos and the video posted are from two differnt boats , two differnt guys. Like I said, the air is real thin up there.

I am glad you have a great wave you are super happy with. :thumbup:

The best EVER???? MEHHHH. It looks nice.

Even wierder is the fact that you are the only on that can replicate that wave with your magic bags and mystical wedge settings. But props to you and your fairy dust.

If you really wanna get down.....we can. Seems like you really have something to prove here?

yes magic bags and fairy dust, that how its done, and you are asking me if the air is thin up there? i guess you have stepped up from accusing me of lying about teh setup and amount of bags. i will give you this you have the best wave i have seen with a boat loaded to the max with extra weight.

I love this forum because it is usually free of the BS and hurt feelings unlike Wakeworld, and the Axis forum is even better (my guess is due to size of membership, wakeworld is huge and the Axis forum is very small, so less BS there).

The dude is stoked on his buddies wave. Here is the part of his exact quote that seemed to piss you guys off "...you can see the best wave I have ever seen on a boat. Plug and play option added on the boat."

"I have ever seen..."

What is wrong with that? It's obviously his opinion from his experience. It would have been improper to write, "in my opinion" in front of that because he already qualified it.

We have a lot of hours and work into making our waves/wakes the best they can be and are proud of what we have done, no need to get your panties in a bunch because a first time poster comes on with his opinion. Then you attack him and start trying to "educate" him on proper etiquette on how to post his opinions to meet your approval.... like writing IMO before he makes a statement BASED ON HIS OPINION!!!!

OK. So 9.4- 9.6 seems a bit slow compared to most malibu/axis boats for surfing. Wondering if your speedo was calibrated. We used a brand new 0 hour 22mxz at our local club competition and the speedo was off by 3.1 mph. My boat was off by 2.2 mph, was the first thing I did while I put my 10 hours on the motor.

thank you for your post i was starting to wonder if the malibucrew should send out a box of tissue to all members when a new person posts on the forum :-)

that being said i do have a suspicion that our speed may be off, especially after reading how almost everyone is riding at a significantly higher speed. that being said im confident we have it dialed in as best as possible and we are truly pleased with the results. one of the great points about the malibu is that we didnt need to add extra weight and of course as mentioned we arent and we are getting a great wave

Bobby wave is really awesome, but bobby admitted in this thread that the person in the pics was little so I'm not sure why you are claiming he is over 6 feet. Second if u do t understand how the camera lens can affect things by position then I don't know what to tell ya. All that being said I feel the wave I posted isn't drastically far off from Bobby's wave and we are dialed in with no extra bags other then the plug and play option and that's what makes the malibu awesome. Last year my friends 2007 mastercraft marastar threw up an awesome wave but we had around 2000 pounds on one side of the boat and people would ask us if the boat was sinking and/or do we need to be towed

And bobby can't do this with that setup

Great Video ans transition. Are you going 9.8mph in this video and is it the same set-up you started the thread with?

Great Video ans transition. Are you going 9.8mph in this video and is it the same set-up you started the thread with?

same set up although this wave wwasnt with the 2315 prop, speed was the same, but im really starting to think are speedometer may be off, based on everyone elses setup, then again i also have no idea why nobody is getting a clean wake at 125% wedge so who knows

same set up although this wave wwasnt with the 2315 prop, speed was the same, but im really starting to think are speedometer may be off, based on everyone elses setup, then again i also have no idea why nobody is getting a clean wake at 125% wedge so who knows

I like your wake. It looks great. No BS. In the video it looks like you are going much faster. Now you got me thinking. I am taking my car gps with me this weekend.

That rash guard is awesome. I highly recommend. It's the quicksilver waterman collection. The shorts are quicksilver too. It saves my skin with 50 SPF built into the shirt about 50 bucks. Watch Out! That shirt could come off quick!

• Like 2

I like your wake. It looks great. No BS. In the video it looks like you are going much faster. Now you got me thinking. I am taking my car gps with me this weekend.

i find speed is hard to guage with the camera, i have some snowboaridng videos and it looks like we are going slow despite teh fact that we are flying. that being said you gave me a great idea and i will gps my speed this weekend and let you know

That rash guard is awesome. I highly recommend. It's the quicksilver waterman collection. The shorts are quicksilver too. It saves my skin with 50 SPF built into the shirt about 50 bucks. Watch Out! That shirt could come off quick!

afun i just checked and you have the same boat, assuming you have the plug and play with 750 sacks then you should be able to get the exact same wave, the only thing you will have to do is play with the speed but keep the wedge at 125 as per how we did it and mentioned in previous posts. the setup has been pretty consistent for us so i dont see how you shouldnt be able to get the exact same thing.

afun i just checked and you have the same boat, assuming you have the plug and play with 750 sacks then you should be able to get the exact same wave, the only thing you will have to do is play with the speed but keep the wedge at 125 as per how we did it and mentioned in previous posts. the setup has been pretty consistent for us so i dont see how you shouldnt be able to get the exact same thing.

I am telling you, you are at least doing 20mph.

That's me and my wave in the pics, and I have the 550 PNP sacs

I just don't know how to calibrate my speedo. Will pull out the manual.

i dont think you need to calibrate your speed as liong as you find the setting that works, start at 9.2 and keep clicking the speed up until you find the right speed that works. as long as the speedometer is consistent it doesnt matter if its off as long as you find the right setting

i dont think you need to calibrate your speed as liong as you find the setting that works, start at 9.2 and keep clicking the speed up until you find the right speed that works. as long as the speedometer is consistent it doesnt matter if its off as long as you find the right setting

I agree. All you have to do is look at the wave. More speed = more push?

all my videos are shot with only the driver in the boat, me and stag are generally alone so you may be able to play with more weight by adding a person to each corner and see how that works, in my opinion you should upgrade to the 750 sacs

all my videos are shot with only the driver in the boat, me and stag are generally alone so you may be able to play with more weight by adding a person to each corner and see how that works, in my opinion you should upgrade to the 750 sacs

I love those 550 sacs. I think they are perfect for the VLX. Now, I might just buy a bow sac. When we are surfing no one is ever up there, so it does not matter if the sac is exposed.

I just don't know how to calibrate my speedo. Will pull out the manual.

Go to set up on maliview then calibrate speedo. Use up own buttons on maliview to incree or decrease as needed to set to gps app speed as shown on phone

I love those 550 sacs. I think they are perfect for the VLX. Now, I might just buy a bow sac. When we are surfing no one is ever up there, so it does not matter if the sac is exposed.

What about some lead from lead wake?

do u have the bow hard tank?

What about some lead from lead wake?

That means the lead will always be up there. Then that means I will even have more trouble with retrieving the boat on the dang trailer.