Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Yet another PnP thread...

Santa

I just installed two 750#'s in my 2013 VLX according to Malibu's instructions. I really don't like the fact the bags fill first and then leak into the tanks, since I can never know from the gauges what's the true water level.

I was thinking of re-plumbing so that the tanks fill first, then the over-flow of the tanks fill the bags. I would like to hear from those who have done this in order to get good instructions on the best way to do this and avoid that the bags empty on their own.

My "plan" was this:

Pump fills the tank => overflow of the tank fills the bag through one of the TOP holes in the bag => Other top hole of the bag goes to the overflow hole through the hull. To empty the bag, leave as is i.e. the bag and tank are both hooked up to the empty pump.

Anyone care to comment before I do this?

I am not sure what version you have but mine hit a Y and are suppose to fill both. Usually by the time the factory switch stops filing the bags are a quarter full. As the bags gravity drain into the system I see no issue with this way and wonder why you want to change?

Edited by old skool malibu

I am not sure what version you have but mine hit a Y and are suppose to fill both. Usually by the time the factory switch stops filing the bags are a quarter full. As the bags gravity drain into the system I see no issue with this way and wonder why you want to change?

I probably have an older version since mine don't have a Y. So the bags fill first then drip into the tanks.

Why I want to change: for wakeboarding, the setup I like the most is this: all factory tanks full, bags empty, wedge 88%. So, since I installed the bags, I can never have the right amount of weight in the back since it's never clear how much water is in the tanks. So i figured that if the tanks fill first, I'll know it's time to stop once the bags start having water in them. Does this make sense?

I am currently in the process of changing mine as well, since it sounds like it is the same as yours. Never really know how much water is back there since the bags fill first and then drain into the tanks.

Talked to wakemakers and decided on the following changes, add a Y on the intake side and install the fly high distribution flow manifold to select whether you fill the tank, the bag or both first. On the drain side, I am adding another aerator drain pump for the bag itself, so when I hit drain both drain pumps will come on and drain the bag and the tank separately but into the same line if that makes any sense. I get the parts today, will install during the week and let you know how it works by the weekend.

Boat is a 2013 23lsv with a Sept 2012 build date, so it is an earlier system. Before anyone asks, I felt that I could fix this much quicker and easier myself rather than waiting for the dealer or malibu to come up with a change.

add a Y on the intake side and install the fly high distribution flow manifold to select whether you fill the tank, the bag or both first. On the drain side, I am adding another aerator drain pump for the bag itself, so when I hit drain both drain pumps will come on and drain the bag and the tank separately but into the same line if that makes any sense.

That! Good idea!