Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 24mxz stereo install

blandband

Sorry for lack of pictures but we pretty much picked boat up and headed to lake. More pics to come after next weekend. I have a buddy that does awesome work and is a wetsounds dealer so it is pretty sick.

4-Rev10 tower speakers

6-8" in boats

2-6.5" in boats

1-jl 12w6v3 in sealed box

3-syn2

2-syn4

1-ws-420

Still breaking it in but she will pound

post-21819-13762803138148_thumb.jpg

post-21819-13762803843068_thumb.jpg

post-21819-13762804137386_thumb.jpgpost-21819-13762804326125_thumb.jpg

Nice Build! Were Those 8" InBoat Speakers An Easy drop In? Or Did It Require Some Cutting?

My stereo guy didn't act like it. That part of build was pretty quick. It took almost 2 weeks due to scheduling issues and having to order more parts.

Sweet! Have never seen the WS 420 mounted in that spot, how do you like it there?

Love it. While running I can leave arm on arm rest and adjust volumes very easily.

Wetsounds syn2 bridged

At 2 ohms it is only getting 350 watts which does not even do that sub justice!!!!!

It is rated at 600 watts...I run a 1000 to my 12w6v2.

You could get so much more boom out of it if you wanted to!!!!!

Great system!

Wetsounds syn2 bridged

At 2 ohms it is only getting 350 watts which does not even do that sub justice!!!!!

It is rated at 600 watts...I run a 1000 to my 12w6v2.

You could get so much more boom out of it if you wanted to!!!!!

Great system!

That amp runs 700watts in mono mode. Am I missing something?

That amp runs 700watts in mono mode. Am I missing something?

700W x 1 with a 4 ohm load. But if the sub is a 4 ohm DVC, as Murphy explained, it will need to be wired in series to 8 ohm. This would equal the 4 ohm x 2 output. So 400W rms to the sub

I bet it is wired in Parallel to get to 2 ohm. VC-1 to VC-2 and VC +1 to VC + 2

Would it get 400 watts with series connection at 8 ohms? asking b/c I dont know

Yes, the bridged series 8-ohm power is identical to the stereo 4-ohm power. And these two configurations are the only stable options with a dual 4-ohm woofer.

At 2-ohms bridged the amplifier would protect itself.

It's less than optimum.

David

Edited by Earmark Marine
Trying to figure out where the sub is in the boat.... In the port observer's compartment?

In compartment Under steering wheel. There is quite a bit of room in there once you get old Rockford free air out of there.

In compartment Under steering wheel. There is quite a bit of room in there once you get old Rockford free air out of there.

Down by your feet?

Yes sir. We are getting a grill from jl to provide a little more protection. I generally never even get close to it though.