Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MasterCraft ProStar gets the picklefork treatment

UWSkier

85 loves MC, just go read our discussion on the X2. LOL :cheers: just poking you a little bud.....

It's all good...but I don't recall ever knockin an x-2 (other than saying I sold my VTX to an x-2 owner) it was the X-10 recommendation to RTS that DID get me goin. All good tho. We don't need this place getting stagnant!

martinarcher

So far it looks pretty sweet! I'm interested to see more though, most importantly how it skis!

I'm a die hard Malibu guy, but that is a very cool video. I really dig them showing the proto boat and all the engineering scribble all over the hull. The engineer in me just loves that. :)

• Like 3

I had a removable/liftable bow cover with seats under it on an old Maxum outboard I bought in Japan. I assume there are seats under it and it's not just for storage? Anyway, it was a bear to remove and replace, i.e., it took two guys because it was heavy and getting the alignment right was super hard. One of the hinges ultimately broke and during a typhoon it blew off and my search and rescue diving practice did not find it....hope all these things are not true for this new MC...

I assume there are seats under it and it's not just for storage? Anyway, it was a bear to remove and replace, i.e., it took two guys because it was heavy and getting the alignment right was super hard.

There are removable seats for the bow. Good point on the weight and alignment of it. Hopefully not too bad.

Well....interesting things here. I echo martinarcher...I love seeing things like this in the development stage. I find it fascinating. I'm not an engineer, but appreciate the effort, and diligent hard work that goes into product development.

That said, I think the boat is as ugly as ugly gets. However, the wake looks delicious, I love the dash, like the ski holder concept, but from a simple aesthetic standpoint, I'm not at all a fan. The outgoing PS 197 is a super sexy boat though and while it needed a refresh, I'm not sure the new "style" is what it needed.

Seems like there is a lot of excitement around 3 event boats in the last couple of years. It great for the sport but what is the price point ? Time will tell if it's a hit. If I am lucky it will drive down the price of used TXI's witch is a proven design.

Yes termite i think the demand for these boats is slowly rising. If only a company could produce one that the working Man can afford with excellent wakes. And dont say moomba outback, ill never buy one of those

I will give props to Mastercraft, they definitely build a boat that is there own style. Its nice to see a company not duplicating other makers designs and then put there name on it. I am not a slalom skier, but I think the boat looks pretty cool, you wont mistake it for anything else on the water.

I will give props to Mastercraft, they definitely build a boat that is there own style. Its nice to see a company not duplicating other makers designs and then put there name on it. I am not a slalom skier, but I think the boat looks pretty cool, you wont mistake it for anything else on the water.

no kidding cuz you won't ever see them! I bet 90% of these new ski boats go to spend their lives on private sites.

I bet 90% of these new ski boats go to spend their lives on private sites.

Maybe true but we must get a good portion of the other 10% around here. New SN200s and new PS197s all over on the chains north of here where the money is. MC dealer almost always has a 197 in stock (not always the same one :fingerwag:). Hopefully I'll get to see a new Prostar next summer--even better if it were at that dealer so I could look around in it.

Most of our lakes are still over 50% DD overall (all inboards old and new combined), but new v-drives are definitely out selling DDs nowadays like everywhere else. You should have heard my parents when wakeboarder3780's LSV showed up on their lake last year. Tower, speakers, big v-drive, they didn't know what to think! They sure did enjoy the show though.

Also nice to see a couple brand new RLX and TXi owners showing up around here lately. Off topic but nice to see.

• Like 2

no kidding cuz you won't ever see them! I bet 90% of these new ski boats go to spend their lives on private sites.

Yeah no kidding. I always joke... People still buy ski boats?

But in general what makes a good ski wake? As flat as possible? It almost seems like a pontoon with a 300 hp outboard would be a great ski boat. lol

• Like 1

Yeah no kidding. I always joke... People still buy ski boats?

But in general what makes a good ski wake? As flat as possible? It almost seems like a pontoon with a 300 hp outboard would be a great ski boat. lol

I think some of the biggest improvements lately have been in tracking. but yes the pursuit of the invisible wake is nice too!

Maybe true but we must get a good portion of the other 10% around here. New SN200s and new PS197s all over on the chains north of here where the money is. MC dealer almost always has a 197 in stock (not always the same one :fingerwag:). Hopefully I'll get to see a new Prostar next summer--even better if it were at that dealer so I could look around in it.

Most of our lakes are still over 50% DD overall (all inboards old and new combined), but new v-drives are definitely out selling DDs nowadays like everywhere else. You should have heard my parents when wakeboarder3780's LSV showed up on their lake last year. Tower, speakers, big v-drive, they didn't know what to think! They sure did enjoy the show though.

Also nice to see a couple brand new RLX and TXi owners showing up around here lately. Off topic but nice to see.

I don't know if that's a tribute to Wisconsin's rich show ski heritage or what, but it's like that on my like too. There are 5 V drives (including ours which spends 99% of its time hauling a slalom skier, and 2 which never pull anything) on my lake. Probably about 20 DDs.

I think most people living in rural wi s*** their pants when they see the price of used wakeboard boats. In more populateded areas such as milwaukee, i see more v drives. Also, there are a lot more used DD's for sale than v drives, so that's what the used market ends up with unless they make a huge drive to buy a boat.

Sorry for thread jacking, but WI does earn some credit as all boat ski boat companies get a good amount of money from us wisconsinites. (show skiers/barefooters, 3 event skiers, and rec. skiers/wakeboarders). I'm proud to live in a state where water skiing is what it is.

Also, I'd love to ski a slalom course being towed from a cable having to not cut through a wake, but that probably wont be very popular or available until gas in the US is $10/gal

Now that I heard that the bow seats are removable, the fiberglass bow top makes more sense. :plus1: for MC on the new bow if that's the case.

Edited by jaciche

That boat looks pretty slick. To me it's the first ski boat that looks updated. All the rest look like their 90s counterpart. I like it.

Is frothy make for a ski wake?