Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MasterCraft ProStar gets the picklefork treatment

UWSkier

While it's long overdue for a reboot, the current ProStar has IMO the nicest lines of any slalom tractor out there. This new one is funky looking. I want to see more about the open/closed bow panel setup. That looks interesting... but seriously, leave the forks for the wake dorks. :)

1077586_280294735445133_876768836_o.jpg

• Like 2

Not a fan of the mini pickle fork. I like the lines of the boat and i think MC will continue to have the sleekest and coolest looking ski boat. My questions are:

1. Is there rear side ski storage in this new boat like the 200?

2. Has the wake improved at longer line lengths for slalom skiers and footing?

question 2 is Why i believe the txi/lx is the best looking dd boat for serious skiing and barefooting produced today.

• Like 1

Anyone notice the steering wheel is a rip off of the 2013 VTX wheel ? what in the world is the point of having a hard cover up front? IT adds weight, you cant stow it when you meet some other folks on the lake...seriously that is like epic fail to me.

After having it on my old axis, I do like the side-less windshield though. The goofy haunches like the Vdrives just look silly IMO. But, if it skis better, it was an improvement.

Hmmmm....

1148817_280293525445254_1943055807_n.jpg

Seems like the picklefork would be a mess if you ever hit the trailer guide post head on. :rofl:

If you see that it could go in the stupidest things thread.

• Like 1

Anyone notice the steering wheel is a rip off of the 2013 VTX wheel ? what in the world is the point of having a hard cover up front? IT adds weight, you cant stow it when you meet some other folks on the lake...seriously that is like epic fail to me.

No, the hard tonneau like cover has seat bases the back and gets flipped over to make playpen style seating.

Hmmmm....

1148817_280293525445254_1943055807_n.jpg

Seems like the picklefork would be a mess if you ever hit the trailer guide post head on. :rofl:

Could also envision a scenario where someone's trying to slide off the front when pulling up to the sand bar, only to have the 'tongs' grab and turn their bathing suit into a thong on egress... :)

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

I see it has ZO, I wonder if they made it standard or if it is still an option. It would kill me to walk into a MC dealer and have to add ZO to an already 60k+ boat.

Disclaimer: I did have to add it to my Response I just purchased, just isn't as big of a hit. And I feel it should be standard on all ski boats. To be honest Malicruise sucks for pulling a skier of any level, it over reacts and the boat dips in speed then surges like crazy.

Edited by ahopkins1988

Has any one driven a nautique 200 with the offset dash/gauges? When I first saw that, I understood why they made that change, but I think it looks stupid and I wouldn't like looking farther down and to the right to look at the gauges. Now that MC is adding it to their new boats too, it make me second guess my opinion. Maybe I'm the odd one, but I prefer the traditional gauges right in front of me, but I'm also 6'4" so visibility isn't an issue for me or my brother who primarily drive our boat.

Do you think malibu will be going to this offset gauge style in the next few years with the TXi?

I think the pop off bow cover is cool, but it screws over the customers who want a true CB. No bow storage!!

No, the hard tonneau like cover has seat bases the back and gets flipped over to make playpen style seating.

You have a source on that? If so, I guess that's pretty neat, but whats the point? whole idea of a OB is to allow people up there easily...whole idea of a closed bow is better observer seat width and storage. You get neither with a "flip" seat.

You have a source on that? If so, I guess that's pretty neat, but whats the point? whole idea of a OB is to allow people up there easily...whole idea of a closed bow is better observer seat width and storage. You get neither with a "flip" seat.

No, was completely made up but I'm a fan of the idea for my uses.

ahopkins22LSV

Has any one driven a nautique 200 with the offset dash/gauges? When I first saw that, I understood why they made that change, but I think it looks stupid and I wouldn't like looking farther down and to the right to look at the gauges. Now that MC is adding it to their new boats too, it make me second guess my opinion. Maybe I'm the odd one, but I prefer the traditional gauges right in front of me, but I'm also 6'4" so visibility isn't an issue for me or my brother who primarily drive our boat.

Do you think malibu will be going to this offset gauge style in the next few years with the TXi?

I think the pop off bow cover is cool, but it screws over the customers who want a true CB. No bow storage!!

I have driven the 200 and the Txi. The 200 dash does provide a little bit more visibility, I am 6'1". However the way the Txi rides and the new windshield, I have no issues and prefer the Txi. I don't think the little bit of add visibility is worth the trade off of the bad looks. I personally think the key to visibility is how the boat rides. I also have no issues in my '13 LX which has the traditional windshield and dash.

One of the TT insider's confirmed they wanted the pickle because it's their "signature" bow (even though they do have some traditional pointed bows too). Same reason the Carbon Pro got the narwhal horn.

I think the tonneau cover is there so Zane Schwenk could flip it over and ride on it behind the boat. He's ridden everything else thus far......Just kidding. We've had crew members talk about making something similar for their OB boats for years and I think it's a cool idea other than the weight for OB guys and the loss of storage for CB guys with the seats underneath. Would like more detail on the ski racks though. That looks cool. So much design effort into that hull. See all the veins and strakes at the rear to soften the wake? A lot going on there for sure.

Overall I'm a fan.

• Like 1

I see it has ZO, I wonder if they made it standard or if it is still an option. It would kill me to walk into a MC dealer and have to add ZO to an already 60k+ boat.

Disclaimer: I did have to add it to my Response I just purchased, just isn't as big of a hit. And I feel it should be standard on all ski boats. To be honest Malicruise sucks for pulling a skier of any level, it over reacts and the boat dips in speed then surges like crazy.

zero off is standard on MC as of the murphy system in 2013.