Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurfing footage? (video inside)

petrie141

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a long time coming. Stomped this on Wakesetter67 board! Thanks for the lend guy.

Congrats Mate

Just love the support from your crew.

How good is this sport?[emoji2]

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Nice Shawn!

Man..........I really to get behind a dialed T22. That wave looks so much different than the one I rode. Hmmmmm.......if I only knew someone locally with a brand new T22 that knew how to dial her in :whistle::biggrin:

BS, it's not my boat, but "dialing" this boat seemed to be as easy as installing the three PNP bags and then hitting "fill" on the ballast switches. We added an 800 in the walkway after lunch (that's the vid) for grins. There wasn't any lead or bias weighting or other shenanigans. Goofy is better than regular (probably owing to the 2315 prop and no bias weighting). Really not much different than if you had PNP full and 6 peeps in the boat.

The thing about this wave that was really different from my MB was the amount of hook to the wave.... I wasn't pumping as effectively till I figured out (after the video was shot) that you almost pump onto the flats from the back. Like there is push on the flats, or that the wave is pushing from behind. That's different from the MB wave for sure.

Well, I tried that recipe on that T22 I rode (just fill & go) and it was not good. That was 750 PnP's, stock full, bow weight, wedge, gates.....the whole 9. Not good. But given the fact that those new Malibus seem to be much better, I'm trusting "something" was just missing on that T22 I rode on. Anxious to get another shot behind one and be stoked on it........especially considering a new T22 is the ONLY new boat I would dream of buying at some point (bc the astronomical prices of the rest).

Hmmm, that's interesting to hear about the wave hooking. For me that would be a huge check in the CON column. I like my wave to be straight down the line. Possible it just hooks more than you're used to and not too much tho, huh?

And yeah, I noticed the goofy wave really seemed to stand up more (like noticeably more) on the SG boats I rode on. Good news for you! :thumbup:

Hmmm, that's interesting to hear about the wave hooking. For me that would be a huge check in the CON column. I like my wave to be straight down the line. Possible it just hooks more than you're used to and not too much tho, huh?

And yeah, I noticed the goofy wave really seemed to stand up more (like noticeably more) on the SG boats I rode on. Good news for you! :thumbup:

Yeah not sure about the hook. I suspect it's just one of those things that you'd get used to and compensate for by pumping more "out" than down the line. But it was definitely different than I my old wave. LOL after I bailed out the back on that vid I think I did 15 or 20 "airs" (fins out is an "air," right?) in a row and just kept trying to throw them farther and farther around (i.e. 180 ish...). Never got that far at all, but the fact I could land 90+ and easily ride it out says that it's a fine fine wave for 99%.

We rode regular... Shawn is goofy and that might have something. All I can say is our wave wasn't worth writing home about.

I saw the goofy wave and it was much better, pretty obviously so.

Edited by Lance B. Johnson

Yeah no argument there. The way we had it set up the regular wave is definitely flatter/less lippy. Super easy to set up and for most peeps probably fine, but not a top shelf wave on the regular side. It actually looked like a great shape for newbs tho. Teamerickson is goofy too so we know where his priorities lie!

• Like 1

What's the weight setup on that wave mason?

Sorry for the late response Shawn, just saw it. Here ya go.

Weight: MLS all full, 800# Ronix in starboard & port locker, 900# Sumo Sac in the bow, 4 people in the cabin.

Speed: 11.0 - 12.0

Wedge: 2-3 clicks down from STOW on starboard. 1 click down from STOW on port.

Engine & Prop: Monsoon 6.0L 409 HP. 2419 Acme Torque Prop.

The 23 LSV loves bow weight. Engine RPMs were noticeably lower and bow height not near as steep, with the 900# Sumo Sac rather than the #750 Sumo Sac in the bow. This was my favorite set-up yet as the wake was very firm with gobs of length.

How was the 409 doing with that amount of weight and wedge? Any idea the rpm's?

3300 - 3500 RPMs depending on wedge position. Max wedge (1 click from STOW) was hovering at 3500. I thought the 409 handled it with ease.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...