Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurfing footage? (video inside)

petrie141

So I went out Saturday and probably had the best day of riding ever. Couldn't miss. 180's....360's.....big slow 3's without putting my hand down....grabs.....lip & board slides. Every trick in my bag was working. Theeeeeeeeeeeeeen I took the GoPro out on Sunday and it was just another day.........but still a blast. I think I was smiling this entire set..... Kind of long, but here ya go.... do us both a favor and switch it to full screen 720. :lol:

Friends don't let friends surf without a gopro on.

while I'm reluctant to post to this thread given the shredding on display, here goes. Baby airs on the skimmer today.

Looking good! That's how it all starts, baby airs and then all the sudden your throwing shuvs.

Orrrrrrrrrrr in my case it would be baby airs to more baby airs to having no idea how to do a shuv ......and doing a body varial every time I try a shuv :lol:

Really wish I rode with someone who could do one. It's the first trick I just can't wrap my brain around..

Orrrrrrrrrrr in my case it would be baby airs to more baby airs to having no idea how to do a shuv ......and doing a body varial every time I try a shuv :lol:

Really wish I rode with someone who could do one. It's the first trick I just can't wrap my brain around..

If you're body varialing (I made that word up) it seems like your board isn't coming all the way around which is why your body compensates and has to rotate to make up for it. This can be fixed a number of ways but here are a few suggestions:

1. Kick the board around harder (not as easy as it sounds)

2. Get a smaller fin if possible. This will let the board come around easier.

3. Change the way you flick the board. Instead of coming up and turning like you're doing a boardslide and then kicking the board, come up to the lip of the wake and try a wakeskate style shove (press down with back foot and scoop the board to throw it around). This usually helps if you have bigger fins.

Or... none of the will help and I have no idea what I'm talking about. That can definitely be the case.

Had the pleasure to take out some nice folks from Moscow surfing after work today. It is becoming popular over in Russia. Pretty good surfer as well!! Sorry for the crappy iPhone video.

Edited by Tims
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went out with a buddy a couple weeks ago that wanted to test out his new GoPro/pole/gimbal setup. Not the best riding by Lance and I, but I thought the video he put together showed a couple really cool angles that you don't usually see..... Think I'm gonna have to rig myself up a gimbal and a long pole for next summer. :thumbup:

Switch it to 1080

LINK

Edited by -BS-
  • Like 1

Went out with a buddy a couple weeks ago that wanted to test out his new GoPro/pole/gimbal setup. Not the best riding by Lance and I, but I thought the video he put together showed a couple really cool angles that you don't usually see..... Think I'm gonna have to rig myself up a gimbal and a long pole for next summer. :thumbup:

Switch it to 1080

LINK

Awesome riding and love the unconventional camera angels. Looking good guys!