Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurfing footage? (video inside)

petrie141

http://youtu.be/jnfJIrPdWZs

Complete footage from the last surf session. For some odd reason, that was the best wave the VTX was putting out all year. We didn't do anything different... 1 in the bow, 1 in the starboard rear, driver, all MLS full (except port), floating wedge down and 550# sac in starboard locker. Wave was both good going down and upstream. Weird.

I really enjoyed watching your video. Loos like you were having blast. Is that a diamond or pro model? Looks Slippery...

Complete footage from the last surf session. For some odd reason, that was the best wave the VTX was putting out all year. We didn't do anything different... 1 in the bow, 1 in the starboard rear, driver, all MLS full (except port), floating wedge down and 550# sac in starboard locker. Wave was both good going down and upstream. Weird.

Nice job! What song is this playing - really like it?

I really enjoyed watching your video. Loos like you were having blast. Is that a diamond or pro model? Looks Slippery...

Thanks, appreciate it man. It was definitely the best surf session of the year! That is the 51" P5 Danielo Pro Carbon model. It honestly is not slippery enough. I am going to start riding finless... I love the characteristic and erratic felling it produces.

Nice job! What song is this playing - really like it?

Thanks G Spot... solid username.

Music:

Jai Paul - BTSTU

I remember that video Ryan... Sick skills man. Ghost.... Argh sooo cold!

Thanks man. Ya, Ghost is a little chilly. We actually don't ride there anymore. We've been riding at Bearspaw for the last couple seasons. Its a little warmer, but its always nice and calm. And its only 10 minutes from home.

Thanks, appreciate it man. It was definitely the best surf session of the year! That is the 51" P5 Danielo Pro Carbon model. It honestly is not slippery enough. I am going to start riding finless... I love the characteristic and erratic felling it produces.

Thanks G Spot... solid username.

Music:

Jai Paul - BTSTU

You ever thought of getting the Diamond. I feel like all road lead to the Diamond. I will be riding the Phase 5 Colt, Byerly Hazard and whatever my body brings this time around.

The Diamond is a sick board. Its faster down the line than a Pro. Also has more pop, and easier to spin, with the bigger tail. The Pro is faster edge to edge, so you can pump more speed out of it. I prefer the Diamond all day.

My first video, and the song stinks. Only one station, no IPod, and zero reception. Norris Lake, Full Stock Ballast including bow, 550 PNP, 38% wedge, 11mph, 2 people in bow, 3 others in the boat. The 4'8 Ronix Parks Carbon Thruster has given me a new perspective Wakesurfing! I just bought a used 5'1 2012 version from a crew member. I hope it surfs the same. This one had 5 2.9 hook fins.

Edited by Afun
  • 4 weeks later...

I mean this video from MCO...out of all the wakesurf videos I have seen, this is my favorite. I want a Go Pro Camera too. Edited by Afun

This is another video I really enjoy watching. She is riding a TWP Bomb Pop, and a Shredd Stix. Not a fan of the Shredd Stix. Looks a little sluggish and not as fluid as the Bomb Pop.

Edited by Afun

I mean this video from MCO...out of all the wakesurf videos I have seen, this is my favorite. I want a Go Pro Camera too.

Hope you'll enjoy that P5 Danielo Diamond, if you ever get to ride it with the large assortment of boards you've collected ;) .

Thanks man. I was hoping to make another edit, but my appendix said otherwise. As the rain comes, the temperature falls, and the boat(s) get winterized, it is clear that this season has concluded here in Oregon. I am definitely looking to make some strides next year... surface 360s, airs, 360 Shuv, etc. Stoked for next year!

Edited by MCObray

Hope you'll enjoy that P5 Danielo Diamond, if you ever get to ride it with the large assortment of boards you've collected ;) .

Thanks man. I was hoping to make another edit, but my appendix said otherwise. As the rain comes, the temperature falls, and the boat(s) get winterized, it is clear that this season has concluded here in Oregon. I am definitely looking to make some strides next year... surface 360s, airs, 360 Shuv, etc. Stoked for next year!

We are having an Indian summer here in Knoxville. I tried riding the P5 Danielo just like you in the video. When I came back home and looked at your video, I realized my foot placement was all wrong. Is your left foot nearest the nose off the the traction or on the edge of the traction? I had the other foot all the way on the stomp bad. Easy board to ride backwards.

Trimming down the my selection of boards. I have sold several. Soulcraft, P5 Daniel Diamon, Ronix Park Carbon Thruster 5'1......I am going to build one more custom. I am deciding between a TWP Bomb Pop, or Idol Wakesurfer with Quad Set-up instead of Twinzer.

Edited by Afun

We are having an Indian summer here in Knoxville. I tried riding the P5 Danielo just like you in the video. When I came back home and looked at your video, I realized my foot placement was all wrong. Is your left foot nearest the nose off the the traction or on the edge of the traction? I had the other foot all the way on the stomp bad. Easy board to ride backwards.

Trimming down the my selection of boards. I have sold several. Soulcraft, P5 Daniel Diamon, Ronix Park Carbon Thruster 5'1......I am going to build one more custom. I am deciding between a TWP Bomb Pop, or Idol Wakesurfer with Quad Set-up instead of Twinzer.

My back foot (left since I am goofy) usually is placed a hair in front of the back pad. My front foot (right since I am goofy) varies from 2"-4" from the beginning of the front back. Hope that helps!

Search your local Craigslist and pick up a gently used GoPro HD Hero 2 or 3. I prefer the HDHero2, and still use it, because there has not been as much firmware issues as there has been with the HDHero3. I also don't need the large files that the HDHero3 produces with an extra setting it offers (4k resolution). Plus for the price, amateurs like you and I, you can't really tell the difference between the two aside from the physical appearance and a few settings the HDHero3 has (more FramesPerSecond...think slow(er) motion that you'll need special editing software to utilize, lighter weight, etc.) I've seen prices float from $125-$175 in my area. Go get one!

Edited by MCObray
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been relatively injury free for the past month or so (knock on wood) so I've been pretty much only wakeboarding. I did however nearly land a shove it and got it on video! The wakesurfing ends at 10 seconds, so this is a short clip.

Edited by petrie141
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Looking good, MC. You ever tried a surf style board? I've been thinking about it for a few weeks now.

Thanks.

I have tried a few surf style boards, and after riding yesterday, I really want to pick up one. But at the cost of taking out a mortgage, or selling my first born, I'll have to wait a bit before dropping $500+ on something I've never rode. No one around here carries the brand I want, and no ones willing to ship some demos up this way.

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed the videos! We'll play along as well by posting this practice session. Parker Payne practicing this memorial day down on the Trinity River in Texas. Riding his "Payne Killer" surf style board by Day1Wake with Futures fins. 2014 model 23LSV. Plenty other surf videos by following him on Instagram: @parkerpaynesurf

Happy to host anyone that comes through Dallas on our boat. Look us up!

http://vimeo.com/96663009

Edited by mpayne
  • Like 3