Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Syn 4 setting for REV 10s?

98buphon

What should all my settings be at on my Wetsounds Syn 4 amp to get the best sound out of my REV 10s? Everything is installed I'm just not good at the tuning part.

you could even go a little lower than that (say 80hz) if you are careful with the volume control and don't mind losing a touch of projection at the bleeding edge. The rev10s have big drivers with pretty good bass.

There is no absolute perfect frequency for everyone.

A higher crossover frequency narrows the bandwidth for both amplifier and speaker. This results in a little greater amplitude without clipping. This is better for projecting to wake range.

A lower crossover frequency provides slightly more midbass at low to moderate listening levels only. That's good for someone who priortizes more near field listening at rest.

So for a 10-inch HLCD....at the very low end 80 Hz and at the very high end 110 Hz. I'd bump that a little higher for an 8-inch HLCD and a bit higher for a 6.5" HLCD.

David