Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Masterline Ropes & Handles

andyb

8 weeks ago I towed someone who had just smothered themself in sunblock and the product wrecked the Masterline handle making it too slippery to use. I've tried detergents and cleaners to remove the slipperyness, all to no avail and so ordered a replacement handle from MasterlineUSA.com in Florida.

You have to send back an email confirming that you are happy with the delivery charges and then they will then dispatch the product to you.

Did all this 6 weeks ago and still waiting and it is the second time I've been messed around on this site.

In desparation I bought another line and handle (Accurate 80 strand & it is superb) so that we can get on with the rest of the season.

0 out of 10 is my score for this supplier!

Edited by andyb

sorry to hear that andy...did you try a quick pass with ultra fine sand paper on the handle? I sand the grips on my golf clubs all the time and it keeps them like new.

Sanding the rubber brought back quite a bit more grip - nothing like the new one that arrived today, but good enough to use for general skiing. Guess which handle will be coming out when my mate with the sunblock rocks up for a tow?

8 weeks ago I towed someone who had just smothered themself in sunblock

I'm just thinking back to what I was doing 8 weeks ago. I know I wasn't applying sunblock let alone getting in the water. :(