Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 Racks $3,000/pair

JoeA

I talked to a vendor on Saturday. Said they have been 95% complete with their clamping/swiveling board racks for 2 years. Sounds like they will be cheaper. Hopefully they will come to market soon!

the wifes rack was 5k a side if i get a third as much enjoyment out of these for 3k a side ill be happy

Still waiting on those pictures. Otherwise it didn't happen.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Went 10 years on the old boat swinging half my body over the side of the boat to undo our boards...was so happy to finally have spinners on the 'Bu, just made it so much easier. Now I'm a step behind again, because we have to do bungees on them!

3k for a rack is cheeeeaaap. The one my wife wants costs 10k.

10K? We spend 13K last winter for a set...... Everything is more expensive in Canada.....

10K? We spend 13K last winter for a set...... Everything is more expensive in Canada.....

That's because you have to build in Freeze-Thaw Capabilities into those Canadian Versions... :rofl:

I guess that they have to pay for the motorhome somehow.

That is Gary's personal RV, not "Malibu's". Granted, he's paid by Malibu, and I'm willing to bed they paid for the wrap, but MOSTLY paid for by Gary directly.

You can sort of see how on the top side of the forks that there is a separation. When the clamp is activated, that portion comes down and puts pressure on the board.

I could pay someone $25 per hour to hold the boards in place whenever the boat is moving and get 120 hours out of it before I go in the hole.

Think you can get this one for $25 per hour?

Blond_Woman_holding_a_Surfboard_in_a_Bik

If she's holding your board, there's a really, really obvious joke there....

• 1 year later...

How are people getting on with these PTM racks? Really pricey, but people that have used them seem to love them.

Don't bother with comments like "$3k for board racks!", there's plenty of those comments already in this thread, but what about people that actually have these racks, how are you finding them? Would you upgrade to them again?

A set came on my boat when I bought it. My dealer orders pretty much only these racks on their boats. I really like them. Very easy to use. I had bungees on my last boat and they worked but took longer and were more of a hassle. These are quick and easy. It's like anything else, you pay for convenience. Just how much are you willing to pay? In my case, my dealer ordered the boat that way and it wasn't gonna save me much to lose them.

Edited by Sunscape fan

I guess if you have the cash, why not.

But my knee-jerk reaction: if attaching a wakeboard to a fixed rack with a bungee is that hard, then maybe that person should not be wakeboarding at all. :tomato:

3k for a rack is cheeeeaaap. The one my wife wants costs 10k.

I wouldnt advise putting your face between the malibu rack and shaking your head back and forth. People may look at you funny at the dock.... brbrbrrbbbrbbrbbrbrbbbbbb

Edited by ac88926
  • Like 1

A set came on my boat when I bought it. My dealer orders pretty much only these racks on their boats. I really like them. Very easy to use. I had bungees on my last boat and they worked but took longer and were more of a hassle. These are quick and easy. It's like anything else, you pay for convenience. Just how much are you willing to pay? In my case, my dealer ordered the boat that way and it wasn't gonna save me much to lose them.

Sunscape fan, is there plenty of space for reasonably think surfboards? The 'fingers' look like they'll accommodate pretty thick boards.

Sunscape fan, is there plenty of space for reasonably think surfboards? The 'fingers' look like they'll accommodate pretty thick boards.

Yes I think so. The board I have isn't all that thin and there's plenty of room left.