Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 Racks $3,000/pair

JoeA

I attended a Ronix demo day on the Hiwassee River earlier today and met Gary Morrison who is the Malibu Rep for the East Coat. He has a sick 2013 24MXZ with the Caddy motor and just had the new 2014 racks added recently.

They are way better than the stock racks BUT they come at a price of $3K for the pair. They clamp down and have release buttons on the bottom......and yes they do swing in all the way. They are made by PTM and look really sharp.

I just received one Samson Spinner Rack minutes ago and look forward to comparing the two.

D1BCAD67-558F-4BDA-9AC3-42F9A2F822A6-158

DFDD0687-0876-46C8-92A7-A390690D7706-158

80AA3DB3-164F-4395-A9F8-9F71378D4221-158

2821B9A3-923F-4D1A-9F9D-C358296F5F35-158

Edited by JoeA

Dude. 3k for a rack really isn't bad at all. I mean think about the racks that came with the first Wakesetters..... What did those run? Add in 15 years of inflation... Voila: 3,000 dollars! Seems like deal actually.

Plus, these racks swivel AND clamp.... The old racks didn't do that! Plus it will help in the resale of your boat! AAAAND they look cool, so you've got that goin for ya.

:lol:

Kidding of course. Just had to beat 85 Barefoot to the punch here.

Dude. I was totally ready to respond to that post till I got to the end. You had me. Hook, line, and sinker.

They are the exact same racks as Tige put out last year, but cheaper than Tige wanted for them. Still not worth the price tag

I thought it was worth sharing with everybody and let them decide.

Honestly I LOVE spending money on the boat and gear. Stomaching the cost of my Sampson’s was enough, $3K for swivels is just a tad out of my reach,,, They must do a good job, the rack is more expensive than the board…. HMMM

I have never seen a bike rack on a car worth more than the bike. But who rides a bike to the lake?

I don't think it's that bad. I think the Titan spinners were 1200 each when we got out boat. Could have been for the pair but I don't think so. I just want anything over bungees.

Btw does anyone see how these clamp. They look like solid metal?

I don't think it's that bad. I think the Titan spinners were 1200 each when we got out boat. Could have been for the pair but I don't think so. I just want anything over bungees.

Btw does anyone see how these clamp. They look like solid metal?

You can sort of see how on the top side of the forks that there is a separation. When the clamp is activated, that portion comes down and puts pressure on the board.

I could pay someone $25 per hour to hold the boards in place whenever the boat is moving and get 120 hours out of it before I go in the hole.

Here's a video a how the rack works from PTM. There were some issues early on with boards falling out underway, but that was resolved. Anyone ever notice how the forks turn down when the rotate in on a Tige tower, bummer.

gary is an awesome guy met him in orlando when i was there saw his boat its insane the boat is sick the trailer it rides on is impressive as well.

him and dave from liquid sports sealed the deal on my 22mxz for me both first class guys. we stayed in the same rv park as him and he answered all my questions i had and really sold me only the malibu quality.

come on now, somebody will pay for it. NOT ME, but somebody will. that's a given. Skylon has some new racks coming out. holds three boards a side. Looks similar to those, but not clamp style

Edited by wakebrdr94

^ yup, someone will buy them. They will probably have more money then brains. It will be just like everything else that first comes out. Price is ridiculous bit after a few years it will drop. Hopefully this is the case.

They look sweet but $1500 for a rack? That's ridiculous. With the Bakes discount, you could almost get 3 Samson spinners for that price.

Might be showing my age but I remember when low end brand new cars were 2/3rd of that price. $3K?

I bet you walked up hill both ways in the snow to school too. :)

Edited by Bradley Thornton

3k for racks is just stupid expensive. I have a feeling you could take these to a good CNC guy and they could duplicate them for you for less.

And even if not, hell no to 3k racks. I'd rather spend $500 on a pair of non-spinning bungee racks. It's not that hard to take a board on and off. I can't imagine those things are more than a couple hundred bucks in metal/parts (tops) and a little time in a CNC machine. I understand you want good margins but that price is just way out of line for what it is.

• Like 2