Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Resources section - 2000 VLX

hethj7

I just noticed today while looking at the scanned brochure (page 61) from 2000 in the resources section that the Wakesetter VLX is shown with a 35 gallon fuel tank a 11 person seating. The specs link says 33 gallons and 10 people. My boat doesn't have a capacity plate on it, so I'm not sure which is correct on the capacity. Just thought I'd point this out. Thanks for a great site!

I just noticed today while looking at the scanned brochure (page 61) from 2000 in the resources section that the Wakesetter VLX is shown with a 35 gallon fuel tank a 11 person seating. The specs link says 33 gallons and 10 people. My boat doesn't have a capacity plate on it, so I'm not sure which is correct on the capacity. Just thought I'd point this out. Thanks for a great site!

I think that we may have changed it based on actual verified data from one of the members. But I can't recall for sure. One thing that's been difficult over the years is the inconsistency between their website, brochure & year to year data that shouldn't change.

No worries. If I had a way to verify for you, I'd do it. It is amazing how inconsistent Malibu's data is.

Oh man, you said it. If the boat is the same as it had been in the previous year, is it really that hard to bring that previous data forward? Apparently so.

It is amazing how inconsistent Malibu's data is.

Not just Malibu. The MC PS197 has gone from a 12 person capacity down to 7 people and everywhere in between over it's lifetime. I think it took a couple years for the USCG or NMMA or whomever to catch up to what was going on there. Luckily for you your boat is over 20ft. so people capacity is really up to you to monitor and keep safe. Hence no capacity plate.

As far as fuel capacity there may have been a running vendor change on the tanks or a miscalculation for the recessed area around the tiller. But really 2 gallons is not such a big deal.