Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ACME 1235 Prop Compared to ACME 2315 on LS3 engine

Cdoogles

Great to hear. I am using a 2313b. It has a different cup and is suppose to help lower rpm and not sacrifice any hole shot.

• Like 1

Great to hear. I am using a 2313b. It has a different cup and is suppose to help lower rpm and not sacrifice any hole shot.

Not accurate.

I expereinced 2-3 seconds slower to 23mph on the 2313 vs the 2315. that difference in cup certainly affects hole shot some...but you also gain 1-2mph with the 2313 at WOT.

Seems counter intuitive that the lower pitch prop would not hit the rev limiter, while the higher pitch prop would... I guess the interaction between prop size, pitch, and cup is black magic.

Wakeboarding: Fully weighted (~4000lbs + wedge),

ACME 2315: runs 41-4200 rpms at 23.8mph.

ACME 1235: runs 4000-4150 rpms at 23.8mph

Wow, that extra ballast is killing your speed. With my 1235 at 26mph, I turn 3400 rpm. With my 1273 I'm turning about 3200.

Top speed is about 42mph, just like yours. Seeing about 44-45 with the 1273.

I bought a 2315 for high altitude/big weight backup.

Cdoogles,

Thanks for sharing your experience with all of us. I have wanted to buy a spare or new prop for my boat (same as yours) and this data helps greatly.

The ballast is definitely killing my speed and raising my RPMs and therefore fuel costs... However, I have friends that own brand new Xstars that would rather ride behind my boat because it is the largest, cleanest, most consistent wake around. An average wakeboard set when fully weighted uses 4-5 gallons of premium fuel which is still less than the 7-8 gallons the X-star uses with the 7.4l engine. Needless to say I'm very happy with the setup I am currently running :)

Great info, seems like very little rpm change at wakeboarding speeds. My 2315 arrives today, can hardly wait to give it a try. Also will be intetesting to see fuel consumption change between the two props.

The ballast is definitely killing my speed and raising my RPMs and therefore fuel costs... However, I have friends that own brand new Xstars that would rather ride behind my boat because it is the largest, cleanest, most consistent wake around. An average wakeboard set when fully weighted uses 4-5 gallons of premium fuel which is still less than the 7-8 gallons the X-star uses with the 7.4l engine. Needless to say I'm very happy with the setup I am currently running :)

I totally agree with the X-star's massive thirst for fuel.

Wow, that extra ballast is killing your speed. With my 1235 at 26mph, I turn 3400 rpm. With my 1273 I'm turning about 3200.

How much ballast are you running?

How much ballast are you running?

ZERO!!!!!!

Seriously, we mainly foil and the wake behind an unloaded (zero ballast) 2007 LSV is PLENTY good for foiling. I have loaded up all 4 tanks for a few wakeboard pulls, but didn't pay attention to my rpm's. I have about 1500lbs plus the stock ballast for surfing and the 1235 has been good enough, but I did buy a 2315 just in case I go up in altitude or get a boat full of people. I love the fact that you change a prop in 5 minutes, so......big crew, change it at the launch asap.

My two cents to add here:

- Swapped 1235 for 2315

- L96 on 23 LSV

- Surf RPMs dropped even though I was at 2k elevation, can't wait to try sea level

- Dropped from 46mph to 42mph top speed

- Boat seems much smoother and responsive whether we are loaded or not

- Fuel efficiency seems to be better for surfing

I think its a win, I can't see any downside from here...

• 1 year later...

Bringing up an old thread...sorry. Anyone else want to comment on making the switch from 1235 to 2313 or 2315? Just use as your weight prop or do you keep this prop as your all around prop? Happy with results?

I went from 1235 to 2419, this is the more aggressive version of the 2315. I absolutely love it, will never go back. I primarily surf, but do pull the occasional wakeboarding run. The 1235 would struggle with the weight a little. 5k ballast + wedge in 24 MXZ with LS3. The 2419 is much better, night and day really. If you run heavy i would consider going to the 2419. I lost 4 mph on the top end. But my fuel consumption is a little better. 5-6 gph surfing HEAVY

• 6 months later...

Anyone else care to comment on this? I am pulling the trigger this week and the two props in mind are 2315 and 2419.

Mainly wakeboard - full PNP + 1000#

Anyone else care to comment on this? I am pulling the trigger this week and the two props in mind are 2315 and 2419.

Mainly wakeboard - full PNP + 1000#

I picked up a 2315 last week. Looking forward to try it with the 330 on a T22. Will post up when the ice melts and I get to try it out.

I am using a modified 12.5" pitch 1235(bought it used that way) on my LSV with the LS3, and I feel like it cavitates under hard acceleration. I am going to go with a 2249. I feel like the 15" diameter will fix the cavitation and allow me to run a less aggressive prop and feel the same holeshot. I doubt you need the 2419 with your setup. The 2315 should handle all you throw at it!

I agree with one of the above. The 2419 is better for wakesurfing and heavy ballasted boats it come as an option on the newer lsv. I had both, we liked the 2419's pull better than 2315.