Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Searching for your own posts?

TrickyNicky

Is there (or can there be) an easier way to search for your own posts? Many times I want to provide similar advice to a new thread and would just rather copy a past post or link them to it. Due to my excessive time-ughh-spent on this forum, there are a lot of old posts to go through to get to the one I want.

Well, the quick way (if it's recent) is to click on your name in the upper right corner, then "my content". But if you want to get specific, use the search function. This is how I would do it if I wanted a specific thing:

~ go to the advanced search page

~ under the stock search function, enter the search terms. For example, if I were searching for the thread about my floating wedge replacement, I would enter "floating wedge" (with quotes, since that's a boolean value for the search function)

~ in the section right below it where it says "Find Author", I entered my username

~ right above that, you can specify if you want to search just in the thread title for a specific term, in just the post content, or in both titles & post content

~ below that you can specify the date range, if you know it

~ you can further fine tune the search if you know which forum it was in, so select that in the next section if you know it. If not, just leave all of them selected.

~ below that box you can fine tune it even further to display the results as posts or threads, since often we're looking for our content that was posted in a thread that someone else started. (Although if you display as threads, clicking the title will stay take you straight to your post.)

Entering those 2 search terms yielded 2 pages of results, but if I narrow the search to the one forum that I knew it was in, it gave me a short single page of 13 results.

Hope that helps!

(If you find yourself going back to one thread often, it's best to follow it. That way you can easily get to it through "Content I follow" after clicking your name.)