Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

AquaLEDs-be warned....horrible service!

cougzfan83

It's so sad seeing a business owner make a fatal mistake like this. His product is well priced and performs very well... And yet , if word gets out about his alleged douchbaggery (which it most certainly will thanks to Mr. Googalator) it will unfortunately kill off his reputation. Keeping customers happy and being fair at the same time is the name of the game. My wife and I run a small business (not $50k a day) and we have about 2000 clients a year go though... All it takes is ONE unhappy camper to spread hate like wild fire. Unfortunately on the other side of the coin you can be as fair and giving and true as you want and you will always find 1/1000 people who just want to eff things up ! Anyways, it's sad for this guy that he didn't go to charm school, he has a good thing going, he just needs to learn to how to deal with his customers. Gene promised me my lights overnighted expressed because his CNC machine effed up and it was already a month into me having ordered and payed for them... I still didn't see the lights for another two weeks after that. That's just my personal account with him... I can't speak for others.

Edited by wakeparadise

Wonder if he's stashing an iroc z behind that hummer? I'm imagining him in a pair of zubu pants with neon print, tank top, fanny pack and sporting a mullet.

Guess some people stay with the high school mentality. ..."I'm tough and bad!"

Makes you look like a d-bag when you get older.

By the way... hummers are old news and baja's are the moombas of the offshore world!

Come to Detroit, we can teach you about American muscle and............

Filing for bankruptcy at the same time!!!!!!

Hey now I resent that IROC comment... LOL kidding.. I keep a mullet wig in the passenger seat of my iroc at all times! It was my first car so my username kinda stuck with me.

anyways, i bought a cheap 15ft roll of water proof LED's off ebay for under $20 shipped. Worked fantastic! It was a little time consuming and challenging for the novice mechanic though. It took me about 5 hrs to install the lights throughout my boat. The strip comes solid 15ft but you can cut the strip every three LED's and solder your wires onto the strip, this took awhile. I also tied all the strips together with solder connections and stapled all the strips to the interior backing so it would not come down. Looks great at night, very very bright and crisp light. Can't beat $20 bucks!

anyways, i bought a cheap 15ft roll of water proof LED's off ebay for under $20 shipped. Worked fantastic! It was a little time consuming and challenging for the novice mechanic though. It took me about 5 hrs to install the lights throughout my boat. The strip comes solid 15ft but you can cut the strip every three LED's and solder your wires onto the strip, this took awhile. I also tied all the strips together with solder connections and stapled all the strips to the interior backing so it would not come down. Looks great at night, very very bright and crisp light. Can't beat $20 bucks!

How does that have anything to do with underwater LED lights?

Little off topic but this story reminds me of a a boat we looked at last that was located at a dealer about 7-8 hour drives from home. We had exchanged lots of phone calls and emails and the boat sounded and looked great so we put a good faith holding deposit down under the agreement that if the boat didn't meet our expectations or the test drive was unfavourable the deposit would be refunded.

Anyway, turn up a the dealer a few days later and start carefully looking over the boat only to find 2 full thickness cracks in the transom that were taped over, each about 3" long, and a huge crack /tear in the right hand upper deck fibreglass behind the drivers seat.

Went to the dealer and said we would pass as such defects were unacceptable for the price and would cost too much to repair and have no idea of what other damage could be lurking unseen. That's when the verbal abuse began, calling me f$cking d'head, that I had no intention to buy the boat (we did travel 7 hours with 2 young kids), knew I was a f$ckhead when I started looking over the boat and checking the condition etc. I actually think he thought we were going to drive up, hand over the money, hitch up the boat without even checking it over. Oh yeah, and kept saying that I wanted a champaign boat on a beer budget (boat was $25k, not exactly beer budget) and that I should expect cracks and the like.

In the end I had to threaten consumer affairs and legal action to get the deposit back. This guy also said similar crap like $25k is peanuts, that he spends $5,000 a night at the pub and that his boats were great and how dare I waste his time. The tool shot himself in the foot though as 2 other mates were ready to buy boats from him, plus I was more than willing to purchase another of his boats before he started on the verbal abuse. I was ready for him to punch me in the head and I think me not loosing my cool and stooping to his level pissed him off more.

Makes you wonder how some of these guys stay in business.

Edited by brad72

You realize this is the same incident from this topic right?

But did you read the comment where he signed into wakeworld and commented right there!

It's too easy to create a screen name on any forum. I could've chose president Obama or parks bonifay or whoever. No way is the guy on wakeworld the real owner.

No way a business man would repeatedly send emails like this to a guy before or after he posted on a public forum,....but there's a first for everything.

It's too easy to create a screen name on any forum. I could've chose president Obama or parks bonifay or whoever. No way is the guy on wakeworld the real owner.

But he did post a pic of his hummer and Baja....

I can find a pic of Parks Bonifay boat and Obama's house in about 2 seconds on the internet. Does that mean if I post it I'm them? Come on guys lets not throw all common sense out the window in this internet age. Could it be him, yes. Could it just as eaily not be him, absolutely!

I can find a pic of Parks Bonifay boat and Obama's house in about 2 seconds on the internet. Does that mean if I post it I'm them? Come on guys lets not throw all common sense out the window in this internet age. Could it be him, yes. Could it just as eaily not be him, absolutely!

so can you find that Aqualed's pic in 2 seconds? Doesn't google block licence plate numbers on street view?

True... Maybe one of his competitors did it lol.

Well, he has been trash talking his competitors. Its scary how easy it would be to sink a small business this way.

But did you see his postings on the go fast website.

He got called out on his certifications not being true and he went crazy there also.

But did you see his postings on the go fast website.

He got called out on his certifications not being true and he went crazy there also.

link?

• Like 1

http://aqualeds.com/products.htm

Looks like he is running a sale! $99 a light. I wonder if he is all of a sudden sitting on a bunch of inventory.....

And he just came out with a "HYPER" light..... 7,000 lumens! WOW!

I have been making mountian bike lights for about 10 years now and I really question that 7,000 lumen output plus the aspheric lens will not project under water as it needs air to bend the light correctly and therefore water will kill the projection and beam intensity. Normally you would have a piece of plexiglass in front of the aspheric to seal it in a pocket of air like we do with dive lights.

I use cree XML's or MTG-2 leds and drive them at 3A using dimmable customisable constant current drivers and with an aspheric get about 4000 lumens when tested correctly and these are the best leds you can get at present. Using mulitple leds behind the aspheric ruines the beam so not very viable.

Maybe I need to start making boat lights. I am going to make dimmable tower lights for my new boat so will see how it all goes.

• Like 4

Hope this thread never dies, So much entertainment between TMC, WW and Offshore. I spent 45 minutes catching up on pure gold entertainment.

• Like 3

I love the way the guy puts his product down by telling the punters how cheap the leds are and that it all about the markup. Like you say, makes for entertaining reading