Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

AquaLEDs-be warned....horrible service!

cougzfan83

Wow! I purchased them and had nothing like that. Absolutely unacceptable. I'm glad I had no issues, but makes think twice about ordering on the next boat. Why not dispute with your card issuer?

I really don't have any issue with the lights. I used them for the first time last week. I was a little under-impressed, but it might have just been the dirtiness of the lake I was on. I think they are actually decent quality. However, they can be the best lights out there and I will pass the next time knowing the type of service the company provides. I am a manager myself and deal with customer complaints every day. I wish I could speak my mind sometimes, but better judgement and the reputation of the company require me to hold my tongue. Clearly, this guy doesn't get that.

Apparently, he just refunded it yesterday. It hasn't posted yet and my bank says it will take about 5 days. I emailed him because he told me it had been refunded last week, when in actuality, it was only yesterday.

Edited by cougzfan83

His latest response as of 5 minutes ago.

Really? You have no right to post any of my confidential emails in a public forum, with out my permission. I like guys like you, you make things interesting, all I can say is lawyer up.

• Like 2

Really? You have no right to post any of my confidential emails in a public forum, with out my permission. I like guys like you, you make things interesting, all I can say is lawyer up.

Wow definetely not buying from these guys. Thanks for posting.

Oh yeah, dont worry about his lawyer threat. If the email wasnt marked as private and confidential then there is no expectation of privacy. I call BS.

Oh yeah, dont worry about his lawyer threat. If the email wasnt marked as private and confidential then there is no expectation of privacy. I call BS.

Nope...not marked as confidential or private.

Good to know he monitors this forum. I too am a manager and work retail. He is not denying the emails, and if he is not the owner, go above his head. I've been happy with their product, especially at the price point they offer it at, but won't put on the new boat

Was just about to pull the trigger and order some up, I would rather pay more then deal with people like this, I guess he wont be crying about my 250.00 but if more read this, and they will, That company will be out even more,

• Like 3

I am curious though is Gene the owner? You may just have a disgruntled employee that may be a terrible representation of the company, unfortunately it happens. If Gene is the owner then then it's a shame and I hope his business is affected due to his lack of customer service, if he's not then I would still escalate the issue to the owner. Regardless, based on your experience I would rather pay more somewhere else.

Best part....

Aqua LED's first response- "say what you will. It will not hurt our $50k a day business"

Aqua LED seeing his ridiculously unprofessional email was posted- Really? You have no right to post any of my confidential emails in a public forum, with out my permission.

"lawyer up"....what a joke.....

Edited by Rmattajr

If your going to give negative feedback about a company then this a perfect model on how to handle it imo. Thanks for the heads up, they're marked off my list as well. This guy is so blatantly arrogant that if he just works there and isn't the owner, management would have to have seen it at some point. Either way I think the company is at fault, not just a disgruntled employee.

• Like 2

Did a little searching on the web. Not going to crucify the guy with a bunch of personal details but I will say this, Eugene(Gene) is in fact the CEO of Aqualed's. I believe there is an actual owner as well. Oh and Gene is also a Miami Heat fan, need I say more????

Edited by Rmattajr

Underwater lights were my next project. I know where I won't be purchasing them. In this day and age of internet business, some humility and customer service goes a long way. And in this case, the lack of it can slit your throat.

The thing that kills me is his arrogant "$125" remark. So, we as boaters should just expect to get ripped off $125 and because we own a boat should just accept it?? REALLY??!?! All the boat owners I know can afford their boats because they are smart with their money, not a smart-a** with it.

give your business to Hurley or one of the others out there... this is what 2 Hurley puck lights look like...and its not even dark yet in the pic. they will appreciate your dollar boater business and treat you with respect

28FBCBCD-BCE8-46FE-9C8C-27EA0A2979FD-237

• Like 3

I wasn't even considering underwater LEDs for my boat until now. Just so I can do business with ANY company besides AquaLeds.

• Like 1

How clear is the water there?

This is NOT clear water, I would characterize as medium....especially with the kids jumping aorund sirring it all up. The green definitly turns the fish into zombies.. the bucket there is full of minows they grabbed with their hands.

the price per lumen on the Hurleys is about as good as it gets if I recall...

Edited by nyryan2001

I feel terrible, I actually recommended this guys product on WW and this forum. Wish I would have known he was such a jerk before I installed and recommended his product. I hope people dont purchase his LEDs, nobody with this attitude deserves business...

Maybe we should all flood his email with some feedback on how he treated Cougz...

Edited by Fman
  • Like 1

How clear is the water there?

This is NOT clear water, I would characterize as medium....especially with the kids jumping aorund sirring it all up. The green definitly turns the fish into zombies.. the bucket there is full of minows they grabbed with their hands.

the price per lumen on the Hurleys is about as good as it gets if I recall...

Sure looks like it! Thanks for sharing!