Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

AquaLEDs-be warned....horrible service!

cougzfan83

Did a little searching on the web. Not going to crucify the guy with a bunch of personal details but I will say this, Eugene(Gene) is in fact the CEO of Aqualed's. I believe there is an actual owner as well. Oh and Gene is also a Miami Heat fan, need I say more????

Yep, looks like he is the owner or at least CEO

http://aqualeds.com/about.htm

It's really a shame he acted in that manner. I would have been more understanding if there had been some clear communication. That's all I wanted. A simple, "sorry" would have done wonders. Show some empathy to consumer, and you will have their loyalty. Degrade and insult them and you can kiss them goodbye.

I find it odd that he treats people with boats as second-tier. I'm sure well over 75% of his business is people with boats. Obviously AQUALeds buy a cheap product, mark it up 20X+ then sell it to boaters who have way too much money.

I had calculated 50 weeks X 5 days a week so about 12.5million.

I included weekends because he is so understaffed and dog-gone busy.

• Like 3

i was just about to order 4 for the back of my boat but i will look at other brands, that is just ridiculous how can you even converse with a customer like that. its embarrassing

Sounds like this is turning into more than $125....

It should! I usually choose to remain silent on bad customer service threads because there are always two sides to every story. Although, this guy appears to be in a league all his own.

Took my kids to the dentist and after the insurance paid thier part I ended up paying $19.00 too much at check out. I called to make sure I had a credit for the next visit or to get a check sent to me.

I guess according to the LED Place owner I am a 'dollar dentist goer'...

So, he is not too busy to take orders, take payment, and ship. Just too busy to issue refunds... Your $125 isnt enough to make it worth his time. Never seen anything like that.

Thanks for the free entertainment on a Wednesday morning Geno!

I feel terrible, I actually recommended this guys product on WW and this forum. Wish I would have known he was such a jerk before I installed and recommended his product. I hope people dont purchase his LEDs, nobody with this attitude deserves business...

Maybe we should all flood his email with some feedback on how he treated Cougz...

Me too! I've promoted this product based on my happiness with it, but would rather not chance having an issue and being treated this way. But if his 50k business a day is so great, he'll just look at us bu owners as the ten dollar boaters

I came on here today to research which lights I wanted to buy. Thank you for posting this. It sounds like someone should stomp a mud hole in Genes a$$. He needs a reality check.

This is amazing. I am planning to drop some lights on soon as well. I had them at the top of the list BECAUSE of the the good reviews and price on here. They aren't on the list anymore.

I agree with NDawg, this is the way to handle a vendor complaint. No need to wait for the other side of the story. Their customer service is the worst.

Think I might post a link to this thread on my Facebook wall. I never post on Facebook.

• Like 1

thank you for posting this on here , this guys sounds like a real d*** head.i would never put those lights on my boat after reading this ,

This guy is a joke. I wouldn't use his product after this if he paid me to use it. As for his confidential remark... That is a joke too. Even if he marked his email confidential, it does not force the intended receiptient of the email to keep it confidential. There is no NDA executed between the two of you and you are not his lawyer/doctor so there is no breach of attorney-client or doctor-patient privilege.

Wow!

• Like 2

Perhaps you should call the credit card company and see if he refunded the money. Then, have them note that no further charges from this joker are authorized. If he hasn't already processed the refund, I doubt you are getting that money now... I'd register a complaint with the credit card company, if the money doesn't come thru.

Edited by Cory

Wow, what a douchebag. I've never seen anyone berate their customers in writing like that. Seems like he deserves a bad review with the BBB if you ask me.

• Like 2

Wow, what a douchebag. I've never seen anyone berate their customers in writing like that. Seems like he deserves a bad review with the BBB if you ask me.

That is just incredible to me.

I feel fortunate every day for the training and habits I've received from previous employers. I've been very lucky to work for some people that just get it.

Edit: and no, that doesn't mean I've ever berated a customer verbally either. Not at all.

Edited by jk13