Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replacing stock speakers

OxDoc

Just purchased a 2008 sunscape and need a better sounding stereo. I currently have two rear speakers, two dash speakers, and was thinking of replacing the rears with wet sounds xs-650's and the dash speakers with the xs-65's. I am also wanting to add a sub and an amp, and if possible keep the stock head unit to save cash. Any ideas for the sub and amp, and is keeping the stock head a good idea.

Thanks

The only advice I can offer is to check out the location of your dash speakers. I would've had to remove my windshield to remove mine because there wasn't enough room above the windshield to unscrew the factory speakers. I've seen instructions for removing the windshield, but it wasn't something I wanted to tackle.

Are your interior speakers on an amp now or running off the head unit? Once you've done it, removing a windshield is super easy and nothing to be afraid of. Plus it gives you the chance to chamfer the holes to prevent more/future spider cracking.

I guess it all works out to how much you care to throw at the project. I just completed updating our system. Rockford Fosgate T600-tower, 2X P500-cabin, R1200-sub with WetSounds P80s on the tower and , M262B x 8 in the cabin. A the Rockford Fosgate “a Mule just kicked me in the face” Subwoofer T2D212, Sony M60UI, RM60X remotes x3.

Many options, almost too many

Edited by JAXONBOATS

There's no amp on the boat. The head unit is built in, so I only have the five buttons on each side of the steering column, and two remotes. I'm not looking to spend a ton of cash, but could probably spend $1500-$2000.

Put those on a 400.4 RF, you can pick one up for $150, they will sound much better.

Why spend $150 on such a weak amp? Get a PPI 4-channel for $40 more and almost triple the power RMS per channel.

Why spend $150 on such a weak amp? Get a PPI 4-channel for $40 more and almost triple the power RMS per channel.

Agreed! I have the polk version of the PPI and these D class amps really put out the power. Much better investment.

After some searching on the internet and looking through my boat, it looks like I have a jbl black box by the batteries, and a controller for that in the walkthrough. Thanks for the suggestion on the amp. I think I may go ahead and add a clarion m501 head unit. I'm not a big fan of the malibu controller.