Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'08 247 surf setup

nab101eg

I have an '08 Wakesetter LSV 247 with factory ballast and Power Wedge. The family and I are novice wake surfers. I know alot of personal opinion is involved, but what is the best setup (ballasts, wedge, etc) for surfing behind this rig? many thanks

Bunch of wieght on the surf side. Depends on how you want the wave to set up. Long or steep. General rule is this. The starboard side make a better wave with less wieght. Fill your rear tanks. Throw in an 1100 sack in the rear compartment, a 400 on the seat fill in with people. Fill your center tank and half fill the bow tank if you have one. That should get you started. Wedge down if you want steeper wave and anywhere from all the way down to 2-3 clicks up from the bottom.

You can make the wave longer by moving wieght upfront, or steeper with the wedge or moving wieght back. Try to get the boat to list with the rear corner of the rub rail about a an inch from the water when setting still. 10-12 mph should do it depending on your particular boat.

• Like 1

I have the same boat and with stock tanks and wedge its hard to make a wave that is very good. I have tried all sorts of things.

I just installed two 1100lb piggy back bags in the rear locker. We are going to the lake Sunday thru Wednesday so I will let you know how it goes.

I think the 247 is so big it takes real weight to get it to roll over and make a good surf wave.

Mike

I have the same boat and with stock tanks and wedge its hard to make a wave that is very good. I have tried all sorts of things.

I just installed two 1100lb piggy back bags in the rear locker. We are going to the lake Sunday thru Wednesday so I will let you know how it goes.

I think the 247 is so big it takes real weight to get it to roll over and make a good surf wave.

Mike

It does take REAL weight to lean her over, but when you get there, you will know. One of the best waves in the biz when properly weighted.

Well what a difference 1100lbs makes LOL.

It's a totally different deal. With stock tanks and wedge its fun but its a struggle. With real weight you can actually surf without worring that you will come off the wave any second. Plus with real weight you can actually change the shape of the wave to the riders preference.

Having big bags in the lockers is a pain since you loose storage but worth it.

The Wakemakers piggy back kit is great and for us it fills and drains fast enough. As the driver I need a rest anyway :-)

MP