Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Music from Galaxy S4

dm001681

So I switched from an iPhone to a GS4 two weeks ago. We have a 2012 LSV and have been using the wife's phone as the source of music. I was on the boat the other day and wanted to use my phone instead so I plugged my Micro USB->USB cable into the USB port on the boat thinking that it would behave the same way as when her iPhone is plugged in but no dice. Apparently this is one of the downsides of going with an Android phone, no longer seamless integration.

Anyone know how I can use GS4 as the source of music on the boat? No I do NOT have bluetooth at the moment either although maybe that is the easiest solution. Thoughts? Thanks!

So I switched from an iPhone to a GS4 two weeks ago. We have a 2012 LSV and have been using the wife's phone as the source of music. I was on the boat the other day and wanted to use my phone instead so I plugged my Micro USB->USB cable into the USB port on the boat thinking that it would behave the same way as when her iPhone is plugged in but no dice. Apparently this is one of the downsides of going with an Android phone, no longer seamless integration.

Anyone know how I can use GS4 as the source of music on the boat? No I do NOT have bluetooth at the moment either although maybe that is the easiest solution. Thoughts? Thanks!

This doesn't answer question but this season when I plug my iPhone in and stream Pandora every time we fast forward to another track it pauses Pandora...PITA.

Is there a setting that needs to be changed on the phone? Worst case use the headphone jack?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have a Galaxy S3, I use this blueooth dongle and it works awesome. Password is 0000, you only enter PW one time, it syncs up every time with no issues. It will also work good with Iphone or Ipod, and any other android device.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_822BTREC/Milennia-MIL-BTREC.html?tp=158&awkw=19884656305&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=15802862185&awdv=c

And if you want to sync up your GS4 to ITunes use this program, it works great, and is super easy to use. The music player on the GS3/4 is leaps and bounds better than the Iphone... you can even create a playlist using the phone.

http://easyphonesync.com/

Edited by Fman
  • Like 1

This device is great. I attached a lighter plug adapter and 1/8" stereo plug adapter purchased at Radio Shack for a simple plug n play hook up to the factory aux connection in the glove box of my 2012 Ride. Bluetooth sync is simple with "0000" password. Sound is perfect.

http://www.radioshac...oductId=3806057

pRS1-6707573w345.jpg

http://www.radioshac...oductId=2103225

pRS1C-2265718w345.jpg

http://www.crutchfie...lennia&skipvs=T

x822BTREC-F.jpg

We just purchased this bluetooth receiver to Aux output from Best Buy a couple of weeks ago and it sounds better than the cord we had used. Rated for 33' but with it in the glove compartment, we can still control it to around the backseat without any interference. I did a bit of researching on the forums and this came highly recommended. $26 at local Best Buy. Added the 2 year protection plan for $8. One of the best purchases I have made for the boat yet! I highly recommend

Matty- can you leave your Aluratek bluetooth device plugged in all the time to usb power source or do you have to use the rechargeable battery? I also notice a power button in the image. Does the device power up with key of boat or do you need to manually power up with device power button once boat power is on?

Honestly I don't know. I don't have a car charger available to me right now. I was a little skeptical of how long it would last but it played nonstop for over 6 hours on Saturday without a hickup. I just brought the unit inside and I will say that it blinks blue when in use and solid red when charging. I just plugged up the USB to my computer and plugged the aux input to the headphone jack and it alternates between blue and red (for what it's worth). I would imagine you could charge and play at the same time. I will let you know after Saturday. I am going to be ordering more of these because as soon as I heard it, I kept taking it between the truck and the boat.

My only suggestion would be to get some velcro and place some on the back of the unit and mount it in the glove box as the wire is very thin. I am having the wetsounds 420eq here today and I would imagine that if the unit was outside of the glove box, it would reach to the back of the boat for sure.

Matty, I just picked up the device from BestBuy that you suggested and have tested it at home and its great, works exactly how I need for the boat! Thanks for the input...and it was cheap, only $30, can't beat it!

Matty, excuse the dumb question but since the boat doesn't have any RCA inputs does the USB serve that purpose instead or is there yet another device I need like RCA to 1/8" and plug into the headphone jack?