Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2003 23 lsv wakeboarding wake upgrade questions

raceman121

hey guys the wake behind my 23 lsv is okay with just the stock mls ballast but i ride quite a bit behind my friends 22 mxz... that wake is amazing so i want to upgrade my wake! i know ill never get a mxz wake without a mxz but i want to get the most out of my boat! so im thinking about the 750 tank buster kit how much will that change the wake? will i need more in the front or should i get 1100's? or do something els to get a great wake!

I’d suggest 1100’s on each side of the engine and a 1,000 lb bow triangle. That would give you a spectacular wake for under $800. You don’t have to fill them all the way and you will probably end up adding more weight than you first thought. This will take your wake to the next level and put a huge smile on your face every time you hit it.

I have a 2007 LSV and have 750’s in the trunk (on top of the hard tanks) + a 1,000 lb bow triangle (on top of the hard tank) and the wake is amazing. I think yours would end up pretty similar.

I have the same boat - 2003 WS23LSV.

Remove the hard tanks.

750 in port side trunk

2 -350s under the port side seats

1100 in starboard side trunk

1 -350 under starboard side seat

Same stock ski locker sac still.

1000 triangle in bow

Changed the all pumps to 1200gph Tsunami and all hose to 1" ID..

Right now only the trunks and ski locker are plumbed.

Only takes 10mins to fill the under seat sacs by hand - just havent gotten around to plumbing them in.

750 for a seat if crew is small

1235 Acme prop

I do have 6 -85lb solid steel bars that we welded handles on that I plan to put in the bow under the seats in the coolers.

Then we would just put a sac in the bow if needed and roll it side to side if surfing.

Abandoned "the sling"

1100's seem like so much weight! i have a 1100 ultimate surf sac and a 350lb sac and the boat really has a hard time getting on plane with just those two on top of the mls! brad you're set up is kind of confusing but it seems like its just for surfing. i want to be able to surf occasionally but mainly just wakeboard.