Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Evolution covers

rcuadro

For those of you who have an Evolution cover, do you still have to use poles for support? This would be for a 2011 era VLX. I ask because I had an Evolution cover for my Supra that didn't require them any longer. Life was very good and putting on the cover was a breeze. The Supra cover did have a draw string/rope whereas I kind of like the ratchet strap system on the Malibu OEM a bit better. Not sure if he's gone to that since I got the cover in 2006-ish.

To keep it clean and water proof every year I'd hand wash it in our jacuzzi tub with Woolite then put 303 Fabric Guard on it. Amazing cover all-in-all. I think the only thing I started to experience was the felt underside material that was in the section above the sundeck started to break down after about 6 years leaving little pieces of fuzz that I could easily wipe off.

I'm going to get one sometime soon however for now I'll continue to fuss with my OEM cover just to test my patience.

Yep, agree....they are that good. I've had two Malibus and two Evo covers.....I won't own a boat without one of Cory's covers. They are the best hands down. I have had boaters ask me where I bought such an awesome cover when we are towing covered and I always share Cory's info with them. The man and his products absolutely rock!

Same here second Malibu and second Evo Cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can you get them with removable side curtains?

Yes, He told me I would need to use it for a season and then send it back so it could stretch and it would work better.

Also their are many extras Cory can add to the cover a few (not all) side curtains, inside colored nose, Rear skirts, and rear deck cover.

I add all but the side curtains and plan on adding after my first season.

BTW he is busy I have had my cover ordered for going on 2 months he did say it would take a month so you could call this a less than perfect review but as long as when I get it its as good as everyone says it will be worth the wait. He did let me know later it would take longer and why.

The only time I use any support on the Evo style cover I have (Rankin) is when I have the boat parked in such a way that the cover can puddle up...... usually bow facing downhill a bit. If the boat is sitting on the water or on a flat area, water runs off the cover without any puddling. Snow will also cause puddling. The D ring with a bungee to the tower is nice & easy to install.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Next question for all you Evo cover owners...How many clips are there that attach the back-end of the cover to the boat? I would think there would be at least 4, 2 for the outboard d-rings and maybe 2 that clip around the grab rail. I ask because I think the biggest issue with the Malibu oem cover is that you can't get enough tension front to back which allows water to pool on the cover. The Evo cover I had for my '03 Supra SSV had 5 clips on the back-end of the cover which allowed me to keep it tight front-to-back to allow the water to run off. Something I concluded as I was standing in a downpour earlier this morning...

I recommend Cory and Evolution Covers I have never had better customer service and his covers are solid. Well worth the money as they are custom made and easy to use, he also stands behind his product.

I trailer my black boat with the Evo cover on. Never a mark left from the cover. EZ on and off. My next boat will also have an Evolution cover.

I have had a Evo cover since boat was new, trailer it alot, not one mark, leave it outside a bunch in summer (and live in vancovuer so rains alot) tarp never pools.......

100% will get another if I ever buy another boat.......

I've got detailed pics of the covers for my last 2 boats in my Boat House. I've had Rankin/Evo on my last 3 boats going back to 2002, & it would be one of the very first things that I would buy for the next one.

I'm convinced yet again to go the Evolution route, Plus they look sharp. Can't wait to move on from the pup-tent pole program...

WakeGirl, very nice toys in the boathouse. Squeaky clean and sharp!

I will say this again, I guess cause I'm talking myself into it. I am 100% moving an Evolution cover up to the top of my priority list. I can't believe how much I miss it. It is going to trump perfect pass, a plumbed in ballast system and my surf gate project.

• Like 1

I will say this again, I guess cause I'm talking myself into it. I am 100% moving an Evolution cover up to the top of my priority list. I can't believe how much I miss it. It is going to trump perfect pass, a plumbed in ballast system and my surf gate project.

Peace of mind...priceless

Ha! Now that's funny. I was screaming at the world during yesterday's monsoon here in upstate NY. After getting soaked from bailing water off the cover I finally figured out how to get it to run off without pooling up. Although I now have a solution for my oem cover, it's only for the interim as we're definitely headed the Evolution route.

Funnel and hose... :lol:

I think I just need to put a floor jack under the bow of my trailer... I can't wait to get my boat out under my covered lift... Crazy that its more protected out there than it is in my driveway.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on my cover just got it in. With all the talk I expected it to be Nice very nice. It was better than I expected. Very clean fit and finish was great. Very adjustable to make sure it all fits just right. To me it looks like Cory has been making covers for 20 years and has engineered the covers to the point that they are perfect. :thumbup:

BT, what was the cost, ~$800-ish? Does he like us MalibuCrew folks?

BT, what was the cost, ~$800-ish? Does he like us MalibuCrew folks?

Supporters get a discount. :rockon: FYI The discount is bigger than it cost to be a supporter. :Doh: I know you are a supporter this is for others. $800-ish yes but I did some add ons I went with the rear skirt, Nose Piece (CCN), and got a swim deck cover. I may send it back after it stretches out and get the side skirts. Now as I said before He is busy so it ended up taking a little over a month and a 1/2. But it was by far worth the wait.

Those boots that extend up the tower poles looks like they do alot better job of keeping water out compared to a stock cover. Does much rain still get in thru those four holes? thanks all.