Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding amps to 2012 vlx

isellacuras

Can someone direct me to a schematic for the unit in the starboard side seat locker or an amp install thread for my VLX. I have the sound pack 1 and want to start with an amp and sub and the build then build the rest over time. I am fairly knowledgeable in stereo set up but want to do a little research before I tear into it. Thanks in advance.

Rockford fosgate's website has instructions/ diagrams on there. RFX-3000 should be the unit in your boat. It had sub level outputs, they are just burried behind the board the black box is mounted to.

Is there a dealer in the world that knows anything about stereo? Seems like the edge does (though malibu fired them?) and other than that I've never heard of a single one. Drive down the street to Acme Tops and Tunes and Ben will set you up. Or study bakes' resource page like a madman and ask all the questions you possibly can.

Living in sacto you have the advantage of being very close to arc audio and arc stuff seems to sell cheaper in the valley than it does anywhere else in the country. They should be a contender for doing it right the first time for sure.

Sounds like he thinks he knows what he doing with the install , just needs a diagram of the BB. The dealer will not know what he wants to know. He obviously knows how to use the Internet , he's here. The Fosgate site has everything you need as far as schematics for that POS they call a head unit.

I will handle the install. I'm not going over board (yet). Just a small amp and a 10 or 12 under helm for now. I have some experience with stereo stuff from my early working days with a little car audio company called soundstream technologies. I used to really enjoy it. Haven't done much of it in the last 5 or 10 years.