Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best way to face your sub behind your driver's side kick plate

LUV2SKI

I am placing my sub behind my kick plate. It fits best if the sub is facing the front of the boat.

I also have a few screw holes from my previous install. Should I seal them up?

photo2_zps3d486b37.jpg

photo_zpsfd0dddff.jpg

I had that same fiberglas enclosure and love it. I may just install that in my new LSV I would suggest sealing the holes.

Cheers,

Chris

How did you have your fiberglas enclosure mounted? Did you have it hanging or on the floor? Can I just fill in the holes from the inside with JB weld?

I used the enclosure in my prior boat that was a Sanger. Since its fiberglass I just set it on the floor behind the captains chair and it worked well. I have not determined how I would use it in my LSV. JB weld would do the trick but I would do it from the inside.

I have used JB Weld a lot over the years and this is an instance where I would not. Marine grade silicone, aquarium grade silicone, and maybe even glass the holes and then silicone them. With heavy bass notes I believe the JB weld would potentially crack around the sealed holes and leak air and make the woofer not as efficient and not as tight. Def seal the holes. Any sub box should be as tight as possible to get best results.