Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sirius Radio Installation

ericinpa

I dont have the boat out of storage yet for pics. But, for the satellite puck, I pulled the further away drivers cup holder and just slightly chamfered the cup holder and just a little of the black deck with a drill bit to let the puck's cable to sit almost between the two, and the puck about 3 inches of cable showing.

I have the Sportster radio, and just drilled two very small holes to the right and bottom of the drivers helm for the Sportsters mount. Got power from Accessory and that was it. Works very well. Love Sirius. Classic Vinyl channel.

I'll try to get pic's when I pic up the boat next week.

Steve B.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the pucks mounted at the front of the bow with the nav light. Seems like a logical place to me. As for the radio, it's more of a personal preference, whether you want the driver to have control or the passenger. I'm more of a fan of letting the passenger control the tunage while I play around with the steering wheel.

I like Steve b's location for the antenna. I mounted the tuner on the amp board

BTW......If you have a good system and a critical ear, Sirius does not sound good at all.

Edited by skyskier

I have the antenna mounted on the dash, works perfectly there and have had it there for 2 seasons with no issues.

I have my Alpine Sirius tuner box mounted under the driver's side dash on the inside wall. I have the SCVDOC1 installed under the armrest where the head unit once resided (worst place for a head unit):

dsc03951p.jpg

I'm pretty sure I've seen the pucks mounted at the front of the bow with the nav light. Seems like a logical place to me. As for the radio, it's more of a personal preference, whether you want the driver to have control or the passenger. I'm more of a fan of letting the passenger control the tunage while I play around with the steering wheel.

yup, that's how i did mine.

bowlight2.jpg

yup, that's how i did mine.

bowlight2.jpg

That is where I had mine on my first boat and hated it there. Anyone sitting in the bow would constantly cause a reception issue as everyone wants to put their hands or feet up there, or simply their body is covering it when looking back. I love the dash location.

I ran mine through the front cupholder on the front port side too. Very easy and out of the way enough to hardly see.

My Sirius receiver plugs into my recently upgraded RFX unit so it is still controlled by my helm radio control and transom remote.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=428204

• Like 1

That is where I had mine on my first boat and hated it there. Anyone sitting in the bow would constantly cause a reception issue as everyone wants to put their hands or feet up there, or simply their body is covering it when looking back. I love the dash location.

I've owned this boat for 4 years and maybe had people in the bow 3 times. I cant imagine anyone sitting up there coming anywhere near it but time will tell.

Mine came from the factory with the puck mounted in front of the windshield on the port side. The box is mounted below, along with the batteries & amps. I'll try to get pics this afternoon.

My dealer added mine before I took delivery. Mounted the tuner on the amp board and plugged into the black-box. They mounted the antenna as PhishJY described above (drilled hole in top deck for wire to loop back under the base and drop thru). My suggestion is to not use the antenna that comes with the tuner though. I replace it with the Shakespeare SRA-25 marine kit. Its the about the same size as the one that comes with the tuner but the wire is in the center thru the post mount. The barrel stud screws into the antenna base and sticks through the deck and is held down with a fender washer and nut on the bottom side of the deck (don't use the mounting block that comes with the kit). It may also be the same antenna used by Malibu when installed at the factory. It provides a much cleaner install IMO.

m