Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesetter Decals

I want to update the graphics on my 2000 Wakesetter and my father can make them at his work but i need to give him a image file. So I am looking for an image file for the '02-'03 or '04-'05 Wakesetter tribal side decal. An eps file or crd file would be best, but I would take anything. I would also like a image file of the Wakesetter text with 'W' in the background that goes near the back if anybody has that.

Thanks

I think it will be pretty tough to get your hands on that unless you make it yourself. But you are definitely asking in the right place. Only one I've found is the Malibu sun logo in EPS and modified it with Adobe Illustrator to make some decals. Fortunately for me, the company still had some copies of mine in stock so I bought them from the dealer for a fraction of the price of getting 3rd party to make. Actually they arrived today, I purchased 2 hull decals for $35, considering a decal shop would charge $80++ for one.

I would think thats a big ask.

You probably going to have use some digital images and have them converted to the file format you need.

Claudio,

What was the second link's image? When I tried the link it said "Sorry, we are unable to generate a veiw of the document at this time. Please try again later." If it is the tribal image that I am hoping to find I would really appreciate if you could make a new link. Also, who did you contact with Malibu to get the images?

Thank you very much for taking the time to help.

Claudio,

What was the second link's image? When I tried the link it said "Sorry, we are unable to generate a veiw of the document at this time. Please try again later." If it is the tribal image that I am hoping to find I would really appreciate if you could make a new link. Also, who did you contact with Malibu to get the images?

Thank you very much for taking the time to help.

I used a converter to jpg and it is the tribal. I had the same one on my 05 lsv. Not sure why the images are incomplete. Here is the guy you should email that sent all these to me.

Bryant Thomas

Marketing Coordinator

[email protected]

post-15729-0-77768000-1368412669_thumb.j

I guess the files I uploaded may have gotten corrupted. Feel free to pm me for the original attachments and I can send them to you.

Thanks

Claudio

Justinz71 used photoshop to fix the problem and sent me the file. The only problem is that resolution is probably not high enough for a 10' foot long decal and it doesn't include the shading that is in the actual decal. I am going to attempt to use the file to create a high res, shaded image with Coreldraw. If I successfully create an image worth using I will post it or maybe the malibu marketing guy will send me something.

Robb you are better off using illustrator as it produces vectors which means they don't loose quality with scale. Most the files shared are in fact vector images. So rather than making a 300+ dpi bitmap image with the photoshoped files just use the vector images to have the best quality. If you need any help with this let me know. I'm currently at work but can give you the appropriate files when I get home.

So I just took a look at the files on Illustrator, one of the files are the tribal art logo fortunately. I can say the newer logo that was posted above isn't an actual vector image. It was ported from photoshop as it doesn't have clean lines/pixelates when you zoom in. But most the other ones are fully editable vector images.

Here's a preview + download just click on the image.

sunsetlogo.png - Vector

newlogo.png -Colourless Vector

newlogocolour.png -Bitmap

triballogo.png-Colourless Vector

I am just going to say to the admins if they would want validate of this as it may contain "non distributable materials". I'm just saying that it may be fine as Bryant had provided a member with the appropriate files already and am I just making it easier for members to find the appropriate logo.

EDIT - I also just placed the files in a compressed archive so you will need to uncompress them (right click ->extract or most the time just double clicking it will do it)

ALL FILES ARE ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR EXTENSION (.ai)

Edited by Slyexe
  • Like 2

I am working on using the tribal graphic above to make the '02-'03 graphic. Can somebody with an '02 or '03 wakesetter take some close up pictures of the tribal pattern on each side of the malibu logo when you have time. Even the highest res pictures I have found on the internet of the whole boat are too blurry when I zoom into the decals. I can't tell if the tribal graphics are shaded or a solid color.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Slyexe and others that gave advice I finished creating the graphic files for a side hull decal similar to the '02-'03 Wakesetter decal and the smaller decal near the back of the side. Hopefully in the next few weeks my father can have them made at his work and help me put them on. If anybody needs the files for their own use pm me.

Hi I have an older 97 Malibu Sunsetter and I also need decals. I want the updated tribal hull decals but not wake setter, and then I really need the rear transom decal that says Official U.S Open Towboats. Anybody have these or know where to order?

Does anybody know if I can get in trouble for giving out the files I created by since they are similar to the Wakesetter graphics? I would assume it's not a problem since I am not selling the file or trying to make money in any way.

Robb I'm sure your fine. They guy that provided me with the files knew I was gonna modify them and have a company print them for me. He went and found them for me. No problem. If you are really worried you can always email him or call him and ask.

Claudio

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys

I am looking to put this on my boat

newlogocolour.png -Bitmap

Does any one have the proper vector image the one posted here cuts off half the decal

thanks

Edited by eminent

Does anyone have the decal that just says MALIBU that I can put back on the transom of the 01 Wakesetter VLX I just got. I scrubbed off the boat name sticker on it last night that the previous owner had on it, but I can still see the outline of where it just had MALIBU on it originally.

It is the 5th file down on page 1 of this post. Save it to a usb stick and a decal shop can print it to whatever size you want.

The other option is you could polish the boat to get rid of the ghosting