Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Took Delivery!

tgaugh

It may be snowing right now, it may be nasty out and the lakes are frozen but this bu is home! As we plan to head to TX this weekend it was time to pick her up! Yahoo.gif Since we are driving with her down there she's all dressed up so I didn't get the normal delivery, just a walk thru on the differences of our old bu and a show floor model. Anyway - had to share the news can't wait to get to TX to start the break in!!! Yahoo.gif

See updated pic in my gallery.

Sooo about how long before you get in the water with it? I believe you will be driving by an awful lot of open water on the way to TX. Biggrin.gif

Scott, we plan to start breaking her in ASAP. We have to drop her off at WSA to get re-buffed as she'll be nasty from the 14+ hour trailering. After that we begin those dreaded long 10 hours... I'm counting on next weekend. :)

Just wait till you get the cover off and see the koolaide stains from when Delia spilt her drink in it at the boat show :-)

The 'bu is home! At least in the temp home anyway. We made it to Texas safe and sound. The shipping cover worked wonderfully and we don't even have any buff work required to clean up the hull - it was like we didn't even move it. We did have to tighten up the lugnuts and check the cover regularly, as you know the shipping cover is for the flatbed, not trailering.

Anyway - all's set, tgaugh, hgaugh and Black Betty - we're prepared for the break-in and plan to get started this week!!! Yahoo.gif

The 'bu is home! At least in the temp home anyway. We made it to Texas safe and sound. The shipping cover worked wonderfully and we don't even have any buff work required to clean up the hull - it was like we didn't even move it. We did have to tighten up the lugnuts and check the cover regularly, as you know the shipping cover is for the flatbed, not trailering.

Anyway - all's set, tgaugh, hgaugh and Black Betty - we're prepared for the break-in and plan to get started this week!!! Yahoo.gif

You should come to Kingsland, Texas to the Spring WOW this weekend and meet some of the Texas Crew Members

Ken-

As much as I'd like to get down there, the house full of boxes just won't permit. We need to try to make this home as soon as we can so we can get back out there. If it wasn't far we'd be there. We do hope to be out breakin' her in this week though. We'll meet up with the crew soon!

Congratulations on a safe trip and a beautiful boat. I had no idea you guys were moving that soon. Good luck and will miss ya up here :) What part of Texas?

Edited by Henken
Black Betty is pretty...but I'm gonna miss Your Mom.

Wonder how much she is going for...maybe I could pick her up :-)

41500 - contract on her as of Wednesday last week - I suspect you'll see her again. Funny thing is MNInboard didn't remember if they took "Your Mom" off the back! ROFL.gif

Sheesh! Last I heard, you guys were pondering a possible move, and now you're there already! That was fast!

Best of luck with the new boat and the new lives! Now you gotta get a cowboy hat and one of those big-a$$ Malibu belt buckles. :)

41500 - contract on her as of Wednesday last week - I suspect you'll see her again. Funny thing is MNInboard didn't remember if they took "Your Mom" off the back! ROFL.gif

Dude...."Flower Mound".... Lightsabre.gif

With the drip mould...it looks like it belongs...so they probably didn't ROFL.gif

Can imagine what would happen when someone brings it home...

"What about my mom! You can sleep in the garage tonight!"