Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'06 vlx wakesetter cruise questions

LiquidCourage

We recently bought an '06 vlx and took it out for the first time this week. I tried to engage the cruise while running- pushed cruise, E, and several other combinations of arrows. It engaged but I was unable to tell my wife how I did it. When we started again, she could not get it to engage. I searched the manual and couldn't find any instruction. What is the secret sequence of buttons? Do you need to be in neutral or engine off? Thanks crew for the help in advance.

You can always turn it off by pushing the red button. You can turn it on when you are not in the range of the cruise. Sometimes I forget to put it on so when I get to speed I'll adjust the setting up to 40mph (anything out of range), turn it on, and then move the set speed back down to the desired one.

You can always turn it off by pushing the red button. You can turn it on when you are not in the range of the cruise. Sometimes I forget to put it on so when I get to speed I'll adjust the setting up to 40mph (anything out of range), turn it on, and then move the set speed back down to the desired one.

Interesting, I didn't know this. So if I forget to set it then could I throttle up to 21mph, adjust the cruise (in the off position) to ~25mph, hit the red button to turn it on, and then arrow back down...?

Interesting, I didn't know this. So if I forget to set it then could I throttle up to 21mph, adjust the cruise (in the off position) to ~25mph, hit the red button to turn it on, and then arrow back down...?

Yes sir, you may need to keep more seperation than 4 mph but yes it works either way. Adjust the cruise, turn on, adjust back, or adjust speed turn on cruise adjust speed back. It's a bit tedious and still requires some time but at least it doesn't ruin the riders run. Unfortunately it's not as easy for other drivers to pick up on when I'm riding :rant: If only we could all drive for ourselves, after all we're all perfect drivers right.

Well thats a nice little cruise hack to know. Cant remember how many times I have been saying to myself "FALL FALL FALL" cuz i forgot to set the cruise... hand driving is so the 90s :rofl:

When I have a new person in the boat who is going to drive I tell them 3 things,

1. Turn on the boat
  2. Press the cruise button
  3. Press the red button

Yes sir, you may need to keep more seperation than 4 mph but yes it works either way. Adjust the cruise, turn on, adjust back, or adjust speed turn on cruise adjust speed back. It's a bit tedious and still requires some time but at least it doesn't ruin the riders run. Unfortunately it's not as easy for other drivers to pick up on when I'm riding :rant: If only we could all drive for ourselves, after all we're all perfect drivers right.

I'm sure there will be an AP for that. Just dial it in from your waterproof tele-portation/communicator device...

I'm sure there will be an AP for that. Just dial it in from your waterproof tele-portation/communicator device...

We should get MartinArcher on it!

That trick to set the cruise while underway is great! It is fun however going about 37 on a wake skate before the wife realizes she forgot to turn

on the cruise!!

Or when you fall down and the wife keeps going because she is trying to figure out if the cruise is on or not. and then looks back about 100 yards later and goes opps.. sorry love

Edited by built2rev

That seems so much smarter than what I usually do. For experienced riders, they usually do OK if you just slow down dramatically to about 12 MPH and then turn the cruise on. Then accellerate to the intended speed. Just don't do it when they are about to make a cut.

I think I like TrickyNicky's idea better.

Or when you fall down and the wife keeps going because she is trying to figure out if the cruise is on or not. and then looks back about 100 yards later and goes opps.. sorry love

100 yards! Lol, try about a 1/4 mile! Bless her heart, my wife is so focused on driving that she can't always be counted on to immediately

know when I'm down!