Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

how much wire will I need for a G3 tower rewire?

noquams

I am adding two pairs of Rev10's and will need to pull out and replace the two wires with four wires going to each side. I was thinking 25 feet should be enough any thoughts and suggestions where to get the wire?

Thanks in advance

More than that - you'll need more than that to do the drivers side and get back to the observers compartment.

Why four wires? Good luck getting four thru the tower base. I just re wired a g3 new nave light wire 12' connected in the tunnel. Two pair of 12g speaker wire run to the observers compartment 22' each. The two pair sucked to say the least.

I ended up ordering 100 feet. I purchased 16 gauge wire that has four wires in one. Since I am running an amp for each set of Rev10's I need to have two pairs on each side.

Thank you for the reply's

Why four wires? Good luck getting four thru the tower base. I just re wired a g3 new nave light wire 12' connected in the tunnel. Two pair of 12g speaker wire run to the observers compartment 22' each. The two pair sucked to say the least.

A single wire bundle is a better method as you have less total bulk. 12awg is probably overkill as well - 14 would be sufficient. I did my inboats in 12 only because it ended up being the same price so why not, but I'm 14 on the tower.