Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stereo Control issues- Maliview “Media” controls

Gregg97007

Last night I got in the boat to mess around and noticed that when I turned on the stereo the main control (left of steering wheel) was lite up but no display; so then I went into maliview in the “media” tab and it wasn’t working either… I figured it was a connection issue so I double checked everything and now have the transom remote working; although nothing displays… and I have the main fosgate unit working but cannot get the controls in Maliview to work. Anyone have experience with this?

I have the black box with an Exile ZLD. Also, can anyone tell me if the cable from the Maliview can be replaced, I feel like the male ends are bent in the section that plugs in if that makes any sense…

I have a totally differant stereo but had a similar problem Mine is a Sony head unit and remotes. Try disconnecitng your transome remote and see if the front starts working. On mine instead of the remotes working together it turns out the rear remote was competing for control of the head unit with my front remote causing a conflict.

I have a totally differant stereo but had a similar problem Mine is a Sony head unit and remotes. Try disconnecitng your transome remote and see if the front starts working. On mine instead of the remotes working together it turns out the rear remote was competing for control of the head unit with my front remote causing a conflict.

thank you, I will give it a try and see what happens.

There should be two black s-video looking plugs going to the black box. If you bent a pin you will have to find a way to bent it back or you will have to replace that cable. I believe you can swap them for the black box treats them both as remotes so it should not matter.

I found it odd that the wire harness with the speaker wires and such releys on the power(yellow) remote(blue) and ground (black wires to be attached to an amp to provide all three to the head unit(black box. If you cant get the stereo to work at all I would make sure all three are properly connected.