Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stereo question

BaBaLoO

Just trying to figure out if my amp if starting to go bad or if a simple connection is lost. I have a junk 600/4 powering 4 Polkmm's. Only the left side is playing music nothing out of the 2 on the right side. Cables are secured in the amp. Disconnected RCA cables and reconnected to no avail. I have another rf 600/4 powering 4 speakers(main part of cabin) and they are fine. I haven't checked for a loose connection at the speaker on the right side but is there anything else I can check? Thanks

have you flipped the rcas around (right channel to left and vice versa) to make sure that it's that side of the amp that's bad and not the cable and or headunit?

1. Like SD says try flipping the RCAs around. This will check the input of the amp.

2. Then try to switch the speaker wires on the out of the amp. This will test the output.

Based on your results you should be able to tell if it's the Head unit outputs, the amp or the speakers.

I wouldn't leave it at that to be honest. I would probably do a quick test to make sure it wasn't just a bad connection, considering, you said that you disconnected them and plugged 'em back in once before. I'm saying this because I probably wouldn't want a set of bad cables or a short somewhere to start occurring again. I'm not saying that is the problem but if it is, it could potentially damage some electronics.

Just a quick set of test you can do which will narrow the results.

If you can atleast narrow down a precise problem you can easily make a fix if it happens again.