Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Arc 600/2 on Rev10s?

nyryan2001

Gotcha. I have the ARC 300/4 at 350w x2. based on the amps I have had on them before and how they sounded, seems theres a little more potential there. Will likely transition the 300/4 over to my inboats.

In a perfect and quiet setting you would need a 30% power increase before you could detect an output level difference. So I wouldn't expect an audible difference at the end of a rope when going from 350 to 400 watts.

On the other hand, the amplifier that operates the most conservatively will sound better. So with the larger amplifier run at an easier 4-ohm load versus a 2-ohm load (the equivalent of 4-ohms bridged), you have a larger power supply and more dynamic headroom in reserve. You might hear a difference when you are at rest in close proximity.

David

David- Anything thoughts in sound quality in the Class H's vs D's?

Like with anything else, there are varying degrees of quality within any topology. So a blanket statement is not possible. With Class D, H or AB there are poor examples and great examples of each. I do not think it is possible to discern a difference in a boat when you are comparing the best against the best of each Class. All three Classes are used in high end home audio now. So you really have to take each amplifier for what it is on an individual basis.

David