Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Just finished my install

Slyexe

So this weekend I dedicated to redoing the wiring in my boat for the stereo system. I can tell you right now you'll probably have a chuckle over the pictures of the last install. I had previously started this last year in the fall but never got to finish it as it started to snow and I didn't want to fill my boat up with all that. I had pulled out the previous amp's and speakers which I'm suprised all still functioned.

Here's my old gear.

IMAG0029.jpg

Pretty nice stuff!

Here's how the wires were installed previously. (The white wires are my new ones which I will later show pictures of)

IMAG0016.jpgIMAG0021.jpg

After I pulled all the useless stuff out...

IMAG0022.jpg

So I now had everything that was not being used out and all my good wiring in (by the way I found all the original lines while I was pulling out the other stuff)

Now I put everything nice and tidy in loom, and zipped it all up nice and neat out of the way.

IMAG0025.jpgIMAG0023.jpg

I also moved my Auxiliary jack into my glovebox so I can now store my MP3 player somewhere safe and also charge it if need be at the same time.

IMAG0020.jpg

Finally I ran all the wires, still in loom, behind a side panel and to the nice and organized amp, and put the deck with all the wires at a proper length that fit nicely behind it.

IMAG0027.jpgIMAG0026.jpg

Tuned everything to be perfect with a phone app and the auxiliary jack and everything is super crisp and 100x better than before.

Still need to vacuum up and a little more tidying up with some zipties but it's a functional unit for right now, and I'm pretty pumped to get it out on the lake in a few weeks here.

Of course I finished the beer, it was first priority on my things to do! But it was a scorcher out there, nearly 30ºC today...comparing to a week ago where it was barely 5ºC.

As for the amp, it's inside the storage compartment behind the passenger seat. You can see that in the picture with the huge pile of spare cable I pulled out. I also forgot my sub here at home, so I never got to plug that in and hear the complete system yet. I will be buying a few rubber stoppers and mounted them to the floor to hold the amp in place and that should be it for the stereo!

Next on my list is to finish the LED light strips, exterior/interior clean up, and new decals. Then obviously get it on the lake!

IMAG0012.jpg

Edited by Slyexe