Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone used this Bluetooth?

Fman

Yes, I think its that simple... pretty much plug and play and wire up the power and ground. I just ordered it on Amazon, they always take returns with no hassles if it does not work.

Edited by Fman

Please do report back if it works well I'd be in for sure. Right now I have the HTC medi link on order. It's supposed to support high quality streaming.

I will keep everyone updated on how it worked, the one review I saw looked favorable... its a new product just released. After doing some research on Bluetooth my findings suggested a 12volt supply seems to be the way to go, it adds more power to the unit and clarity in the music. I guess I will find out soon...

Edited by Fman

You guys are welcome . Threw that up over on WW. I was gonna buy one a few weeks ago, but I have been exploring another option.

Edited by Bobby Bright

Are there not different Bluetooth protocols / standards? I read something about Bluetooth 4.0 which is on the iphone 4S/5 and that the music quality is much better.

However, when i look at many of these Bluetooth units, they never seem to mention which Bluetooth standard.

Good question, that is why I ordered through amazon. Free shipping on return items, if it does not work good I wil send it back.

As I mentioned earlier, it appears having a 12 volt power source makes a big difference in sound quality.

I am no stereo guru, however I was told a 12v power source delivers a more powerful blue tooth signal, and better sound quality. The source was someone I work with, he said just make sure and get one that has a 12volt power hook up. I guess I will find out if this theory proves true.

I would say not so much in my experience. I've had several BT car stereos (1x sony, 2x pioneer) with built in bluetooth. The sony sounded a little better, but I haven't gone back to that HU because it was car based and nearly impossible to read in direct sunlight. I've had a hard wired aftermarket scoche honda BT integration kit in my civic that sounded like arse. I've used a battery powered miccus BT dongle that sounds almost as good at the sony. I'm going to try that one in the boat this season.

Last season I ran a clarion BLT 370, which is also hard wired. Its sound quality is very good, but the range is not good at all with the receiver mounted up under the dash.

So in my experience with a bunch of hard wired options, I'm not sure that the power source has much of anything to do with it at all. The range is the range, and the fewer obstructions between the receiver and the phone, the more likely you'll have a clear signal.

And that's what really interests me about the milennia unit... it's so small that it seems like you could even stick it to the bottom of your eq with some 3m vhb tape to put as few obstructions as possible between the unit and the phone.

Are there not different Bluetooth protocols / standards? I read something about Bluetooth 4.0 which is on the iphone 4S/5 and that the music quality is much better.

However, when i look at many of these Bluetooth units, they never seem to mention which Bluetooth standard.

The new iphone does use bluetooth 4.0 It is backwards compatible and will connect to older versions of bluetooth. The difference is you will not have any controls or information coming through.

I would say not so much in my experience. I've had several BT car stereos (1x sony, 2x pioneer) with built in bluetooth. The sony sounded a little better, but I haven't gone back to that HU because it was car based and nearly impossible to read in direct sunlight. I've had a hard wired aftermarket scoche honda BT integration kit in my civic that sounded like arse. I've used a battery powered miccus BT dongle that sounds almost as good at the sony. I'm going to try that one in the boat this season.

Last season I ran a clarion BLT 370, which is also hard wired. Its sound quality is very good, but the range is not good at all with the receiver mounted up under the dash.

So in my experience with a bunch of hard wired options, I'm not sure that the power source has much of anything to do with it at all. The range is the range, and the fewer obstructions between the receiver and the phone, the more likely you'll have a clear signal.

And that's what really interests me about the milennia unit... it's so small that it seems like you could even stick it to the bottom of your eq with some 3m vhb tape to put as few obstructions as possible between the unit and the phone.

You are leaps and bounds ahead of me in stereo knowledge, sounds like it does not make a difference... we will see how it works, mounting to the bottom of the 420 is a great idea, I will definitely do this. I was going to zip tie it under the helm area but this sounds like a better option to get the best results.