Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for Ipod/Droid cratle - universal

Fman

Anyone know of a good mounting device to accommodate all types of Iphones and droid phones? The one I currently have only works with 4th gen I phones and will not work with my droid. Plus everyone is now putting cases on there phones which makes my current mount even more difficult. I was hoping to find one that was universal and could be easily expanded or reduced in size to hold any type of device.

Shawn, that looks like a really nice holder.. I wonder how the windshield mount would hold up in the boat? Do you think it would fall off with the heat and rough ride?

The ram mounts stuff is really really nice. I haven't used that mount but based on my experience with their other stuff I really doubt you'd be disappointed.

I'm actually using a kinda janky looking chinese one from monoprice (that it doesn't look like they even have anymore) and it has done really well on the boat. No problems.

I went for the window mount, that one looks like it would definitely work as well. I did not want to drill any holes in the dash area and I figured we could also use it in a vehicle if ever needed.