Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim ladder

wheelman

I have it for the first time this year. I am wondering the same thing...

If so mine's for sale first Bama

• Like 1

I didnt order it just for that reason.

What? You mean there's actually an option you didn't get on that thing!

If the ladders work good let me know. Also a link to purchase one. I'm going to lift my platform 2in for my surfgate so I don't think I have to worry about it dragging. Just need to know if the wife and KIDS like it. Thanks BTW I would run mine out the back.

Edited by Bradley Thornton

What? You mean there's actually an option you didn't get on that thing!

YaYa smarty, ther are about 3 options I didnt get. lol

• 9 months later...

hey I need one of these ladders - anyone recommend where to buy?

If the ladders work good let me know. Also a link to purchase one. I'm going to lift my platform 2in for my surfgate so I don't think I have to worry about it dragging. Just need to know if the wife and KIDS like it. Thanks BTW I would run mine out the back.

I have the ladder option on my 2009 LSV and it does kick up a little spray when the boat is really loaded to the goofy side. It is not enough that it changes the wave.

CB

• 2 years later...
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2013 at 3:37 PM, wheelman said:

Does anyone know if the swim ladder under the swim grid will effect the surf wave at all?

post-21100-0-07106700-1367609814_thumb.j

Wheelman, did you order this ladder after the fact or did it come with your boat as an option? I ask because the version you show in your pictures actually mounts to the platform stainless supports and you don't have to drill through the fiberglass whereas you have to for all the other aftermarkets that I've seen. A friend of mine has this same ladder and the way it mounts is what I would prefer. I just can't locate it anywhere on-line and this is the first I've seen of it on TMC site.

1 hour ago, jgates237 said:

Wheelman, did you order this ladder after the fact or did it come with your boat as an option? I ask because the version you show in your pictures actually mounts to the platform stainless supports and you don't have to drill through the fiberglass whereas you have to for all the other aftermarkets that I've seen. A friend of mine has this same ladder and the way it mounts is what I would prefer. I just can't locate it anywhere on-line and this is the first I've seen of it on TMC site.

That is not my boat. I can't remember where that pic came from. Mine was a factory ladder. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2016 at 7:51 PM, macdaddy said:

I have a ladder on my 247 and it does not affect the surf wake.  No problems at all actually.  I use the wicked wake with mine and like I said ...no problems.

macdaddy,

how is you ladder mounted? Is it attached through the platform and off to one side or is it a Malibu factory install that attaches to the stainless platform brackets? I talked to Andrew at Bake's and he told me he can get the Malibu factory setup but it costs $375! I know there are other options available but it appears as if they need to be mounted in the center of the platform which will definitely be right in the prop wash/roost. It looks as if the ladder would take a beating located there.

Thanks,

My ladder is mounted on the right side of the swim platform.  It is mounted to the swim platform bracket and the platform itself.  Does this help?  I have thought about moving mine to the center of the platform.  I still do not think it would be an issue.  Just my thoughts though.

Mac

44 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

My ladder is mounted on the right side of the swim platform.  It is mounted to the swim platform bracket and the platform itself.  Does this help?  I have thought about moving mine to the center of the platform.  I still do not think it would be an issue.  Just my thoughts though.

Mac

Thanks for the input. Yes, it does help. Based on your reply I'm assuming it is attached to the bottom of the platform with fasteners that are actually countersunk into the platform and underneath the pad.  I was also wondering if I can do a install on the right side without using the pricey Malibu custom fitted ladder as I wouldn't mind a 3-step.

I bought my ladder used...so mine wasn't as expensive.  Mine is screwed to the platform underneath as well as bolts through the mounting bracket.  You could probably get away with another version. Must want to make it secured as possible.

• 1 month later...

I have the ladder on my 2014 24 MXZ.  It doesn't effect the surf wave, but the damn thing is often falling out of its stowed mode when we surf. When this happens it sends some spray but thats it.