Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ordering new speakers ... Can I fit the ws808s?

holden

I am upgrading my stereo installation in my 2013 TXi

I currently have the 6.5 Rockford M262s in the walkway of my Txi. They are mounted at an angle facing aft.

Will the 808s fit in that same space? Or will I need to go with the ws 650s?

I have a sound installer that will be ordering the speakers, new amps, etc. it will take about 3 weeks for the stuff to arrive which is the reason I am posting the question and not having the installer measure (boat is still being pre-inspected by dealer and I don't get it until may 8.) he is going to install on May 9/10 (get it 100% ready before the serious ski season starts up here in Canada)

My new stereo config will be:

- Malibu sound pack 1

- 4 stock Rockford 6.5" M262 (2 at the back, 2 relocated to the bow) - powered by a WS Syn4

- 2 ws808 or ws650 in the walkway - powered by the Rockford Punch 400x4 (bridged)

- 4 Alpha II tower speakers with WS Pro696RS - powered by a WS Syn2

- 1 stock Rockford 12" sub (M212S4B) - powered by the Rockford Punch P500x2, bridged

- WS 420SQ

(Left over - a Rockford P400x2, 2 MB Quartz 6x9, factory volume tower adj.)

Over time I may replace the other Rockford cabin speakers and the sub but they will serve for now.

I thought I could live with the std alpha 2s but have decided not to, and after replacing my stereo 3 times in my 01 have reconsidered and decided to really just bite the bullet from the start and get it fully configured from an installer. This way when I decide to upgrade or replace components it's plug and play for me.

Never mind!

Wet sounds themselves has answered the questions (installed called the rep) and made some other recommendations that will save me some money.

So I am going with the 6.5 " at the walk through.

Going to drive all 6 cabin speakers with the punch 400x4. Run the walkthrus and rear in parallel to get the 2 ohm and increased power.

This way, at wet sounds recommendation, I can stick to only having the 3 amps and I can plug and play new speakers and possibly the syn4 at any time.