Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Max Volume on the RF 2012 Black box HU

caw32073

What is the max volume on the Rockford Fosgate Black Box HU? I have a 2012 VTX. For example if you put the volume all the way up, what is the number (1 being lowest and ___ for the highest). I am looking for 3/4 volume for tuning the amps correctly.

Thanks.

Since tuning the amps requires you to be in the boat with the system turned on, just disconnect the RCA cables from all the amps and turn the head-unit's volume to max and see. Multiply that number by .75 and you are there.

hijack -

Reminds me of the receiver I bought in 1978. The volume dial went to "11" - because that was louder than the other receivers that only went to "10". Marketing at its' best ...

return to the regularly scheduled thread.