Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2000 23LSV Add On Ballast

mbilenki

I have been shopping around for a while looking for a good ballast set up to add to my existing MLS

on my 2000 23LSV which is the Wedge & pretty much just a ski locker with a 450# sac. I am going to add 750's on either side of the engine, custom bow sac 400#, 2 150#fat buddies(for moving around as necessary), tossing around the idea of fitting a 125 sumo sac in each of the bow coolers (Cutting them out), but haven't firmed up this idea yet.

I have 2 Johnson 12GPM pumps, 1 for each 750# in the rear, I am updating the MLS pumps to 2000GPH pump I had from my old system in my old boat. I definitely need to re-prop the boat, as I will have too much ballast for the current OJ prop. I have had my sights set on the Acme 1273, or the 1235. the same prop with different cups (changes the top throttle a bit). I'm leaning towards the 1235. What do you think? I have found the best prices for everything at www.wakemakers.com I had purchased my reversible pump switches from them & they are high quality & look like they belonged in the boat from factory. I have 1 more bigger purchase to make for my boat before the season starts & will definitely be doing it through them. Best prices on the net, they will match prices, give discounts & have great customer service.

For anybody out there looking to purchase some add ons for their boat, I would give these guys a look. You won't be disappointed. Anyone else out there have a good experience in dealing with wakemakers.com, or think they have found a better place to one stop shop?

WakeMakers definitely has the best knowledge and selection. Their prices are close to the best. But being able to order everything from one place trumps shopping around. Good luck. Sounds like a great system