Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower Speakers

Rmattajr

I posted something about this in the past but was deep in my boat overhaul and now that i am done i need to find speakers ASAP. All set with my amps and have dedicated power specifically for the tower speakers but I just want 2 for surfing. Been looking at the Exiles and some others but tower speakers are hard to come by at a decent discount. No budget in mind but being i just dumped a decent amount of cash into the upholstery overhaul and new carpet i am looking to get the best possible deal to save a few bucks. Also will buy used if anyone is interested in selling their speakers.

Appreciate the help.

Edited by Rmattajr

I posted something about this in the past but was deep in my boat overhaul and now that i am done i need to find speakers ASAP. All set with my amps and have dedicated power specifically for the tower spears I just want 2 for surfing. Been looking at the Exiles and some others but tower speakers are hard to come by at a decent discount. No budget in mind but being i just dumped a decent amount of cash into the upholstery overhaul and new carpet i am looking to get the best possible deal to save a few bucks. Also will buy used if anyone is interested in selling their speakers.

Appreciate the help.

Wetsounds had or still has the MB8's on sale for 250 a pair, although they are supposed to compliment a set of Pro 80's

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=2982

They are even from an Authorized retailer who actually has them in stock.

Thanks, was talking with Andrew at Bakes about these but wasnt sure how decent they were. I found some exile ones online too but really like the quick disconnect.

http://www.amazon.com/Exile-Audio-SXT65-Tower-Speakers/dp/B004MPR7ZA

Thanks, was talking with Andrew at Bakes about these but wasnt sure how decent they were. I found some exile ones online too but really like the quick disconnect.

http://www.amazon.com/Exile-Audio-SXT65-Tower-Speakers/dp/B004MPR7ZA

I have those Exile fixed-mount speakers. Got them last year at $375/pair but you aren't going to find a deal like that again. $415 a pair is good too on the Samson setup.

They sound really good. Not a lot of mid-bass but are clean, clear, and LOUD. I'm feeding them 125 watts each and that seems sufficient. I've been pleased with these speakers. You will need 4 for sure; I almost purchased just two and I'm glad I went with 4 instead.

I ran 4 Exile SXT65Q. with the swivel mounts in my currant boat 2 years ago, , In my past boats, I have had MB quartz, focal, infinity's and some off brand that came with an older boat, I have been messing with Stereo's in boats for a long time, and at first I was real skeptical about Exile, mostly because I never heard of them until I found this Forum, So I decided to take a few of these guys advice and go take a listen, That's all I needed, and from then on I was sold on them, Great Surf sound Clear and loud, But just like most on here, always trying to keep up with the Young's I decided to switch them out for Exile XM9's HLCD, But really for a surf speaker they are hard to beat, I would check around you might be able to find them used, I sold my old ones to a guy on the crew and so far I think he likes them!!

Edited by Wakesetter67

I ran 4 Exile SXT65Q. with the swivel mounts in my currant boat 2 years ago, , In my past boats, I have had MB quartz, focal, infinity's and some off brand that came with an older boat, I have been messing with Stereo's in boats for a long time, and at first I was real skeptical about Exile, mostly because I never heard of them until I found this Forum, So I decided to take a few of these guys advice and go take a listen, That's all I needed, and from then on I was sold on them, Great Surf sound Clear and loud, But just like most on here, always trying to keep up with the Young's I decided to switch them out for Exile XM9's HLCD, But really for a surf speaker they are hard to beat, I would check around you might be able to find them used, I sold my old ones to a guy on the crew and so far I think he likes them!!

How do the XM9s compare to the XM7's. Is it worth it to spend a few extra bucks and get the XM7's vs the SXT65Q? http://www.amazon.com/Exile-Audio-XM7-Marine-Speaker/dp/B002PU9OWI

Well I have the XM9s and they sound awesome. I was told it was worth the extra $ to get the 9s because the midbass was better and they didn't sound as harsh as the 7s. A 6.5 inch HLCD is going to be "bright" and harsh inside the boat IMO. And for me it was a no brainer because I got the XM9s for $770 for the pair on sale and the 7s were not much less.