Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ProFlight tower diameter for speaker clamps...

Zeke83

So on the slim chance that someone else is running this tower, or happens to know its diameter off hand.... boat is thousands of miles away in storage, and i cant measure it. Gotta have everything ordered for the couple of weeks i get to spend with it when i visit the parents. Looked online and cant find anything, think it is an older model, just from looking at it. Need to know for the tower speaker clamps im am looking at. Any advice on peoples existing set ups would be nice too. Im looking at a 4 channel to run 4 tower speakers, or bridged to two tower speakers and a sub. Boat has existing 10" Fosgate with amp, and standard 4 component speakers.

IMG_7321_zps16252b8b.jpg

Zeke,

This is purely a guess based on the photo. It looks like 1.875-inch (1 7/8") O.D.

If you have anyone there with a caliper, it's an easy measurement.

If they do not have a caliper, then they can take a thin sheet of notebook paper and wrap it around the tower, marking it in order to determine the circumference. Then divide the circumference by Pi (3.14) to get the diameter.

Any tower that is powdercoated is going to measure slightly larger (up to a 1/16" larger) than the true O.D.

Hope this helps.

David

From what i could find on ProFlight I was going to guess the same, and since most speakers come with adjustable clamps or inserts, I think im safe as long as i am close. My Ice tower is 2 1/4 on my boat here, and it definitely looks smaller than that. I dont have anyone to measure, and it only will get used a couple of weeks out of the year when i visit, so correct parts waiting when i get there are important. Thanks for the guess though David, makes me feel better, lol.