Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

AC Delco 41-932 replaced or does it still exist?

It appears that the 41-932 platinum is replaced by the 41-993 Platinum when I search the web for it. If so, is the plug already gapped to .060 or do I have to do it? Also it looks like the average price is about $10 a plug. Any other plug suggestions for my 2006 340 Monsoon.

Also, really wanted to thank everyone for the help with my first DIY annual maintenance. This board and the people are really fantastic! I have successfully so far change my impeller & oil/filter. Just received my 12v pump from Overtons and will change the fluids in my Ski-Vee this weekend as well as the plugs and fuel filter and that should be it!

I put new AC Delco plugs in last year and choked a bit at the $80 bucks...but they will last forever. You do gap the platinum plugs @ .060. I cannot recall if they were pretty gapped...but I always double check them anyway. Good luck!

I bumped a thread called "spark plug choices". In that thread a highly respected Malibu dealer and an Indmar factory rep discuss spark plug choices. Take a look.

Thanks for the Thread bump, I was just getting ready to replace mine this week, I wonder being that Wake surfing is so popular, and increased loads on the engine with ballast etc, I notice the smell of gas more and more, as if it's running rich, When I first purchased the boat in 2010 we did very little surfing, and never really noticed the smell, Would running a hotter plug be a better choice if we wake surf more, or would it not really make any difference,

Thank you for bumping that thread. Extremely helpful. The last question on the thread though is the next I will ask which didn't get answered. I'm going to go with the NGK TR5 or A/C MR43LTS as I will plan on changing them each year. For my 06 Monsoon 340 what should the gap be for each of these?

My owners manual tells me to gap the MR43's at .045, so I gapped my TR5's at .045 since they are the equivalent. I have not used the boat yet, but I hear nothing but happy reviews with the TR5s gapped there.

I am a NGK guy they have the biggest gap in range of hot and cold they can withstand more. That why they are used so much in the racing world. Back in the good old days I could drive my car to the track spray it with 175 shot of NOS and at the end of the day drive it home. Tried it with other plugs and they just didn't hold up as well.

• 7 years later...
7 minutes ago, WGjames said:

Thanks!

Sure thing.  I never use the search engine on this site.  I found it using a well-known search engine with the phrase "spark plug site:www.themalibucrew.com" without the quotes.  Search that way, and you'll usually find what you seek.

On 8/25/2020 at 10:39 AM, WGjames said:

That's awesome I work for a well-known search engine company I'll have to try that 😛

my ac delco plugs came gapped to .o60,  the plugs i pulled out were gapped same so i did not  re-gap them to .040 or .045 as the manual calls for 

Edited by granddaddy55