Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

bow speaker help

HPskier1

I just put speakers in my bow area but they stink and can't handle the bass. They are 6.5 and I don't want to spend a tone of money. They are connected to my amp. Any ideas for speakers under $100 that would handle at least a little bass.

Check out the Bravox on Parts Express M6 OD I think is the model, they are clearance for 20bucks a speaker. I have mine on a 100w RMS & they sound incredible for bass & mids. Highs could be a little crisper but whatever.

I didn't have the room or heart to cut in to my upholstery so I tuck them a way a little. See pic. I was looking at polk or kicker speakers so that probably what I need

I didn't have the room or heart to cut in to my upholstery so I tuck them a way a little. See pic. I was looking at polk or kicker speakers so that probably what I need

Doesnt sound like a speaker issue, but more of an execution issue. These speakers need to have some front/rear isolation, otherwise they sound like poo, as you are experiencing. I would rethink the install first, then tuning, rather then duplicating the same process with a different brand. I think the results would be the same.

• Like 2

May need some foam speaker baffles around them and some "bass blocker" type caps to limit low end bass so the 6.5 speaker can handle the power and reproduce the sound for you. Or, do you already have a crossover on the amp set correctly for the speakers?

How are you supporting those box speakers? Did you drill right thru the padding & into whatever it is for the backboard? Is it fiberglass or wood back there? Very curious, I would like to do this to my boat