Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Upgrading the stereo for the third time and the wife says it better be the last time.

Vcardkiller1

So this is the equipment I all ready have and will keep in the boat.

Sony CDX-M30 with wired remote

4-S7HD Tower Speakers Chrome

Exile Harpoon Amp

12-Polk db651 speakers

The stuff thats got to go.

2-JL W0 subs in a sealed box

JL Audio JX500/1 amp

JL Audio M6450 amp

Here is the stuff I'm thinking of getting.

Clarion EQS746 Equalizer or Soundstream MPQ-7B

2-Soundstream T7.124 subs. I have one already and its in a ported box tuned to 34 hertz running off of 500 watts rms and it sounds really good. Would get one more and put it in a ported box tuned to 41 hertz to cover the music we listen to.

Soundstream RUB.2500D. Going with a larger amp since it should run cooler since I only need 1600 watts rms.

2 or 3 Pioneer GM-D8604 Class FD amps to run the db651 speakers. Had problems last year with the JL amp over heating. So I was thinking of running them in 4 ohms.

4-Trojan 6volt batteries and one Interstate 27M starting battery

CTEK 25000 Onboard Charger

Let me know what you think, maybe this will be the last upgrade on this Malibu Wakesetter.

Lol. I almost peed a little laughing so hard. Once you touch the stereo it will never ever be done. As for your set up I'm not much help on the gear you have listed. I'm all Exile and loven it.

Edited by liljohn

I wish I could see spending the money on exile for everything but I just can't. There is so much out there that is just as good. I do love the exile tower speakers I have, but I have talked myself out of putting more on the this year. Maybe I can sneek it into the boat next year with out the wife noticing.

post-17461-0-88248500-1364856713_thumb.j

Edited by Vcardkiller1