Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Message will not always post/times out...

Fman

Does anyone else have issues when replying to a message, after you type in it and hit reply it just sits there and does nothing and times out? This seems to happen about 50% of the time for me, I always have to copy the message just to make sure I dont loose it because of the time out. Maybe its something on my end?

Does anyone else have issues when replying to a message, after you type in it and hit reply it just sits there and does nothing and times out? This seems to happen about 50% of the time for me, I always have to copy the message just to make sure I dont loose it because of the time out. Maybe its something on my end?

Replying to a PM or a post? I've not encountered the same issue with either.

Let's try to see if there are any commonalities here. Can you guys give us some info, what browser you're using, platform, etc? Can you replicate the behavior on a different browser? Have you tried clearing your internet cache/history/cookies? Is it happening on the Fast Reply box or the main (bigger) posting box? I haven't seen any of this behavior since taking the portal down.

I've experienced all the above issues since soon after the last major upgrade. I don't think it matters if it's a reply, fast reply, quote, starting a new topic, etc. I'm pretty sure it has locked up on me in all those instances. IE9

I've experienced all the above issues since soon after the last major upgrade. I don't think it matters if it's a reply, fast reply, quote, starting a new topic, etc. I'm pretty sure it has locked up on me in all those instances. IE9

Yep, all those.

IE9 at work and I run CCleaner every evening. Also happens at home using Safari on the Macbook but that one hasn't been cleaned up in a while.

One thing that I would try is to make sure that all plugins are updated, including (& especially) Flash. Also, I'll reiterate once again, please test this in other browsers (if you can) to see if you can replicate it on the same machine. I don't use IE & I have yet to see this problem since rectifying the overload that the portal query was placing upon the server. Responses & posting times are very snappy.

After a couple of posts using Chrome instead of IE9 it hasn't happened yet.

But when I post with Chrome and have multiple paragraphs I've had it post it all in one lump until I go back and edit the post. The edit box shows my post as I typed it with spaces between paragraphs. So I click submit modified post and it comes up correct.

Typing this post with paragraph spaces as a test.

Edit: yep, one lump paragraph again until the edit.

Edited by jk13