Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
wakesetter8796

2013 VTX without surfgate.

wakesetter8796

Just came in, wonder how hard it will be to sell....

post-17458-136061997188_thumb.jpg

Pistol Pete

Very hard.

Chattwake

Is it too late to order the parts and install it at the dealer?

wakesetter8796

I'm not sure. I first saw it at the show but I am pretty sure that it had it, but apparently not. Still not sure why they would order a boat without it.... Crazy IMO. They might be able to do that chatt but it might be by HIN number and for all malibu knows they could be buying the parts to give to someone else....

thtrog

One of our NC dealers did the same thing with a VTX :dontknow:

wakebrdr94

I don't think it will be that hard to sell now, too many people still don't know what sg is and somebody looking to save a couple grand will buy it. in a few years when it comes down to a 2013 with or with out surfgate, that's when it will be really hard

Edited by wakebrdr94

wakesetter8796

Ya maybe, the boat show price was $74k though...

IXFE

Dumbest boat I've ever seen... how much did all that flake cost? And those Titan tower speakers?? And they skipped Surf Gate???

Are you sure it's not a 2012 leftover?

Either that, or It has to be an ordering mistake. It happens. I've seen my dealer forget to order heaters (they do in all their boats), even a trailer once (they ended up sourcing one locally). Last year they ordered two "Black" Axis boats for inventory. Only they accidentally marked the PO with "Black Iris" instead of "Ebony." Imagine how suprprised they were when two purple Axis boats showed up! LOL!!

Fman

Ouch, no Surfgate? Almost as bad as ordering one without the power wedge on it. Thats going to be a tough sell, someone will get a smokin' deal on it...

Edited by Fman

wakebrdr94

Ya maybe, the boat show price was $74k though...

20mxz is practically the price as a vlx. I saw a vlx at the show with no tower speakers or sub for 77. So depending on what options are on it, it may be about right

wakesetter8796

Ya they aren't even going to order a 20 because they are so expensive for what it is. Pretty ridiculous pricing. Ya it is a 2013 for sure.

wakesetter8796

I think the flake is $2k per stripe so $2k. Almost the price of SG

ryangb

That is foolish if you ask me. Good luck selling that one.

wakesetter8796

Ya they only order like 1 or 2 VTXs per year so I guess they intend on keeping it awhile....

Pistol Pete

Refer to post #2

bamabonners

they will sell it, no problem.

Lance B. Johnson

A vtx w/o surfgate easier to sell than a vlx or lsv. I think.

I think a lot of skiers won't be interested in surfgate. Still I am with you guys kinda strange they didn't order it with it.

Fman

I thought the vtx is a crossover boat that does it all? 3D they call it... but this one is actually 2D with no surfgate.

Oh it will sell, but someone will get a ridiculously good price.

wakesetter8796

I think it is ski, board, foot? It could be surf though. Good point though, skiers won't care as much. Otherwise they would get a VLX if they wanted to surf more.

CumminsBu

I would buy it. It has the most important feature... the center pylon.

wakebrdr94

Because all of us on this site and other people into inboards know about SG, we would not order a boat without it. A lot of people out boat shopping coming from sea rays or I/O's just don't know about surfgate. you'd be surprised how many would make the comment "ah, we don't need that". If nothing else, I told them just from a resale standpoint it'd be silly not to get it. I'm about to list my 2010 VLX just for this reason. I can still get good money for my boat, but in 5 or six years, if someone had their 2013 listed close to my 2010, and it had surfgate, mine will lose the sale every time. It will be like buying boats without the wedge, a real turn off for some

Olddude

I am sure there is a market for that boat. Granted, the latest updates probably do appeal to a wider market, but there are probably still a lot of potential buyers. As previously stated, it has that center pylon going for it. It all comes down to finding the right buyer. I am not saying it will move as fast as something with more updates, or have the resale potential, but there is someone out there who will think it is the ideal boat for them.

Gregg97007

I'm new to malibu so might not be the best to speak on this topic but I bought a VTX without surfgate. The way I see it is the VTX is a boat that will probably draw the profile of someone who wants to ski, wakeboard and surf- I see the boat as an all around generalist. My point is if someone is really into surfing they shouldn't be buying a VTX in general. They should be looking at the Enzo or something like that. I do agree with having the latest and greatest for resale and if there is a VTX for sale down the road same time as mine with SG I will probably loose some buyers, but don't see it as outrageous as some to hear of a VTX without it.

IXFE

Gregg, you bought a 2012 VTX, so you didn't really have a choice.

Bawshogg

Nothing pre 2013 has surfgate, thuss rendering it useless correct? I think all boats pre 2013 should be burnt..... :blowup:

On a lighter note.......Once the newness of "surfgate" wears off and people return to their regularly shceduled programmimg they will have a chance to realize that all these older boats still surf, ski, wakeboard, AND TUBE! The boats will still sell, stil hold decent value, and I would be willing to bet that "surfgate" will find it's way onto a few boats that were not originally built with it. GASP!

I wonder how all those poor f*#*er's with a manual wedge and no malivue are getting by????

Welcome to the commity Rossi. :salute: Don't believe the hype Mang!

Edited by Bobby Bright