Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Proper wiring of stereo to dual batteries (yes i've searched but i need extra help) :)

Colby2ya

Just now, Tclark said:

Alright sounds like I might have it covered, so the only thing running from the positive post on each battery should be one red/hot wire from each battery going to #1 on switch and the other to the #2 on the switch...And the radio red wire, and the alternator red wire should go to common. But what is under the helm wire ? 

That third wire is what powers up the stuff at the helm -- gauges, dash, accessory switches etc.  It ought to be connected to a breaker in the observer's compartment and lead to the dash.

10 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

That third wire is what powers up the stuff at the helm -- gauges, dash, accessory switches etc.  It ought to be connected to a breaker in the observer's compartment and lead to the dash.

Hey man okay so I ran my amp wire, helm wire, and alternator wire all to my common, then om the switch #1 I ran to a battery, and #2 I ran to a battery. When I put it on #2 it says threshold and blink and says my battery is at 10.4 needs to be 11.5 , there for my radio sterio is cutting out, then when I try other battery I don't think there is enough juice to even turn them on, should I charge battery's and try again? I pretty sure 100% I have it all hooked up correctly

Thanks Trey