Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
wakedncsu

Collapsible Pylon

wakedncsu

I have a 2001 Wakesetter VLX. Can I buy a newer pylon and bolt it right in? I know the newer boats come with a collapsible pylon.

Thanks

Jeremy

85 Barefoot

I don't think that will work as the twsit and lock pylons have a bolt that runs through a channel on the metal superstructure under rear sundeck. Could cut it though I suppose

wakedncsu

I have not seen how the pylon is fastened in any way. Is it too much to ask for a picture of where/how it mounts on the newer boats?

Jeremy

85 Barefoot

On your boat open your trunks stick your head down by the vdrive and look up at the mounting design for the pylon. same basic design but youd have to cut a slide for the through bolt or get a new superstructure metal piece that ain't cheap

yabetcha

Here's a pic of retractable pylon mount.

post-134-0-35501600-1359046784_thumb.jpg

wakedncsu

Got it. Thank you for the pic yabetcha. I understand now.

Nitrousbird

I looked into this last year and it is too expensive to source a retractable unit and matching cross beam. I'm just going to have mine cut down and re-welded; at least that way it won't stick up so high and will be pretty cheap to have done.

wakedncsu

That is a solution. I am disappointed we can't use a retractible pylon. I like you idea. If it isn't do-able I would be fine with shortening the pylon. I have pulled tubes once. That was the only time it was used all last summer.